Latest Safety Recall Adventure (FD)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yesterday morning I went to the dealer and had two safety recalls done:

One was replacement of the brake switch, an old problem that caused some cruise control dramas for some, never for me, but replaced anyway.

The other was a power isolation mod to cut power to certain circuits when the car is not in use, to avoid fire danger when moisture might cause corrosion.

Well, having recently done Serge the neighbour's car for the same DRL mod as mine, and spotted his odd add-on structure over what was a flat fusebox surface, and assumed it was the difference between my Diesel and his petrol variant, it turns out I now have the same change in my fuse box, complete with a shiny new black lid with updated fuse legend on the inside.

They didn't bother to investigate my tap into the original backup lamp fuse, where I was stealing the signal for my delay relay to turn on the DRLs when (6 seconds after, to avoid cranking noise to the DRLs) ignition is on.

As a result of the recall, that fuse now appears up on the new level of the add-on, so having done Serge's car only a couple of weeks ago, it was a simple relocation of the tap line to restore the function.

Still has me wondering about the specifics of the recall - I may still go back to the service department and ask for a schematic - professional interest.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 08:11:31 by The Gonz »
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Gonz...thanks for that information.

How long did the recalls take to be completed?

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
They booked me in for 90 minutes to do both but I think it was more like an hour. :goodjob:

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
The more they do, the faster they will get at them( 3hours Morley Hyundai WA). How long did it take you to get the new fuse  panel cover back on, and have the rubber seal in the correct spot? I found it to be quite a juggle.  Mine has a wire direct from the battery, coming up the side of the cover, which makes it very difficult to put back, while keeping the seal in place.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I spent time fiddling with that challenge on Serge's car so when I saw mine I noticed they skipped a step and passed the ground loom through the channel but not  through the rubber seal, which I think is a sensible evolution. I'll probably improve on it further with a bit more gasket to improve the dust seal.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal