i30 Owners Club

Led tail lights

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
What are some good options for led brake light bulbs? I tried some from iilumo but they still threw out the canbus on my car just wondering what people are using.
  • 2019 i30 go, manual, white

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What type of bulb are they? P - PY - single...or dual filament with brake & tail combined :undecided:

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
They are bay15d bulbs

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
JDM are one of the best and available through recommended Aussie seller ESLights, I've used some of their other bulbs but haven't used their brake/tail lights so I cant guarantee they wouldn't require load resistors...they are Canbus rated though.

:link: 2X iJDM BAY15D RED CREE LED 1157 DUAL FILAMENT BRAKE STOP TAIL LIGHT BULBS GLOBE | eBay

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
FWIW, I got these for Firty and my neighbour's FD as turn indicator tail lights and they turned out to be brilliant (see what I did there?). :happydance:

:link: 4x Fits For Amber BA15S P21W 1156 33LED Car Tail Turn Reverse Signal Light Bulb | eBay

Not saying this is precisely what you need for your model and function but there will be equivalent configurations at the same price. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
JDM are one of the best and available through recommended Aussie seller ESLights, I've used some of their other bulbs but haven't used their brake/tail lights so I cant guarantee they wouldn't require load resistors...they are Canbus rated though.

:link: 2X iJDM BAY15D RED CREE LED 1157 DUAL FILAMENT BRAKE STOP TAIL LIGHT BULBS GLOBE | eBay

These look pretty good and have a 99% pass rate unlike the 95% on the iilumo ones I got and they are a lot cheaper then the ones I was considering from superior vision Australia.

FWIW, I got these for Firty and my neighbour's FD as turn indicator tail lights and they turned out to be brilliant (see what I did there?). :happydance:

:link: 4x Fits For Amber BA15S P21W 1156 33LED Car Tail Turn Reverse Signal Light Bulb | eBay

Not saying this is precisely what you need for your model and function but there will be equivalent configurations at the same price. :victory:

Already got indicators covered and what I could from your link comes from China would prefer Australia but thanks for the info  :D

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The Superior Vision bulbs you were looking at are great bulbs also  :link: LED Brake Lights - 1157 BAY15D - Superior Vision Australia | Official Site

The premium heatsinks make them quite expensive but they are nice :goodjob:

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Just an FYI after getting knocked back on recent rego inspection for my LED turn indicator bulbs, put LEDs back after inspection but found that they caused interferience with car radio when they were used. So back to regular bulbs for time being.
Purchased from local AU eBay seller - $20/pair.

Not keen on ordering from CH with current "Rona" situation.
Delivery delays are horrendous - have a few current orders in system from Aliexpress & a couple are now over 90 days & still not here!!
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
The Superior Vision bulbs you were looking at are great bulbs also  :link: LED Brake Lights - 1157 BAY15D - Superior Vision Australia | Official Site

The premium heatsinks make them quite expensive but they are nice :goodjob:

Thanks for that  :goodjob2: just ordered a set will try and remember to update here how they go when I get them.

Just an FYI after getting knocked back on recent rego inspection for my LED turn indicator bulbs, put LEDs back after inspection but found that they caused interferience with car radio when they were used. So back to regular bulbs for time being.

Not keen on ordering from CH with current "Rona" situation.
Delivery delays are horrendous - have a few current orders in system from Aliexpress & a couple are now over 90 days & still not here!!

My cars only a year old so got another 4 before I need a rego inspection but thanks for letting others know  :goodjob2:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Classic car led in the UK do the best indicators, you won’t get interference with these :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W – Classic Car LEDs Ltd

Unfortunately even most Australian eBay sellers stock Chinese rubbish, or their ads say Australia when they are really from China :disapp:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 04:22:33 by The Gonz »

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
Got the bulbs today tested one and they don’t work in my car when I use the headlights they are fine when I turn headlights off and hit the brake they work when the headlights are on and I brake the bulb out error appears so for some reason they don’t work together but on there own work fine no errors so I think I’ll give up on led brake lights 2 different companies lights cause error code.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's disappointing :disapp: only options would seem to be resistors or swap out the lights for the factory LED type, they aren't cheap new but some good deals can be found through wreckers.

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
That was my thought to but don’t want to wire resistors into a 12 month old car in case I buggers the warranty. I’ll wait and see if I can happen upon a factory led set for cheap ish from a wreck or something.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal