Very expensive 2013 3 Door GD Hatch!

Dazzler · 12 · 4251

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@CraigB  You might find this interesting!

Look what I found on my walk today..

2013 3 Door Auto - 60,000 kms...check out the price!

But the plot thickens ... The online price is a bit more realistic! (Dodgy buggers)

:link: 2013 Hyundai i30 SE Auto - Jackson Motor Company

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I paid $19500 for mine after the $1000 cash back offer, over 4 years I've only lost $3500 :happydance:

Be interesting to see what they end up getting for the car, non metallic paint should be a further $500 off the price when it was new.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 18:25:14 by CraigB »

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I just noticed on the window placard it mentions Bluetooth/Voice Control, there was no voice control in mine :confused: I have voice now with the newer GD03 system but not with the GD01.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Ticket prices say exclude onroad costs.

Internet prices say excludes government costs.

Are these exclusions the same and if so, what would they be?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Ticket prices say exclude onroad costs.

Internet prices say excludes government costs.

Are these exclusions the same and if so, what would they be?
Been a while since I bought a 2nd hand car from a Dealer, but onroad and government costs are the same thing. In this case I guess it would only be a few hundred for transfer of registration. 

On new cars the "on roads" usually includes government costs and a dealer delivery fee which can be $1500 or more. So total on road costs including dealer deliver and rego etc can be $2000 -$3000 depending on price of vehicle.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I just noticed on the window placard it mentions Bluetooth/Voice Control, there was no voice control in mine :confused: I have voice now with the newer GD03 system but not with the GD01.
It's probably wrong. I reckon they modify a proforma and have just left that in. Probably forgot to change price too! I noticed a 2012 WRX and a few others had bluetooth and voice control on window placard which surprised me for a 5 year old car...

Offline Hornet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
When my 2011 CRDI CW turned 5 year old I approached two dealers for a trade-in price for my great little car on a new i30 Hatch or CW. With 85,000k, good tyres and in immaculate condition I was offered $6,000 for my trade. That was unacceptable so now I will drive the car until it goes to a wrecker then I will buy a new car but perhaps not a Hyundai from the local dealer. To ask $20,990 for a 4 year old car with 60,000k is just ridiculous.
  • i30 CW CRDI 1.6l Auto 2011

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

When my 2011 CRDI CW turned 5 year old I approached two dealers for a trade-in price for my great little car on a new i30 Hatch or CW. With 85,000k, good tyres and in immaculate condition I was offered $6,000 for my trade. That was unacceptable so now I will drive the car until it goes to a wrecker then I will buy a new car but perhaps not a Hyundai from the local dealer. To ask $20,990 for a 4 year old car with 60,000k is just ridiculous.
Only 15,990 on their website, but my guess is the previous owner probably got less than 10k as a trade!

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
We got offer 14k for our GD i30 elite diesel a few months ago and sold privately for $18k

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

We got offer 14k for our GD i30 elite diesel a few months ago and sold privately for $18k

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

You did well Dean.  :goodjob:

The Tassie market is a bit weird. Because of reduced competition I feel we pay a bit more for cars down here yet trade in allowances are usually very low. Most dealers put ridiculous prices on their 2nd hand cars but at least they are a lot more negotiable on those than on the new stuff.

Pretty hard to sell anything decent privately down here. Cheap cars are under say 5K aren't so bad. 

Slydog
Even at $15,990 I would be expecting to find gold bars in the boot to justify that pricing.

I paid $12,500 for mine 1 year ago in a manual with 43,000 kms.

Dealers like this make me sick, just hoping for a wood duck to walk in and hassle em  for the industry standard $2,000 off and think they struck a bargain.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Even at $15,990 I would be expecting to find gold bars in the boot to justify that pricing.

I paid $12,500 for mine 1 year ago in a manual with 43,000 kms.

Dealers like this make me sick, just hoping for a wood duck to walk in and hassle em  for the industry standard $2,000 off and think they struck a bargain.

Yeah, me too. I hate games. That crowd tends to offer more as a trade than the local Holden guys, but that may be how they do it.

Jack up the sale price then offer a higher than expected trade (if the person starts haggling)

Interestingly the 3 door is scarce as hens teeth down here, but I saw a blue one on the road only yesterday!  :crazy1:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal