i30 Owners Club

Oil leaking from the oil filter cap !

Offline RazvanBV

• 1st Gear
Dear members i am new on the site, i have checked if there is any post regarding mi issue but i haven't seen, so if there is please excuse repeting it. I own an diesel I30, as far as i know i was the first owner of I30 in Brasov Romania, execept the dealer. Tomorow i am having my 100.000 km revision. The thing is that i noticed today a little bit of oil on the filter case,  it is very true that today i made 6 km with pedal to the metal, changing gears at 4500 rpm, i did that to clean the injectors. Has anyone have this problem before, i am thinking that maybe the rubber ring that is placed on the cap is a little bit old. i am using 5W40 Castrol Magnatec oil. Any suggestion please.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
RazvanBV
rubber ring that is placed on the cap is a little bit old
This seems to be the most evident cause of leak to me, it came to my mind once I read a title of this message.
Anyway you have to take your car to the dealer. (When was the last service carried out?)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Magnatec does not get a high rating on this site and the magnatec available over here is not high enough spec for the i30 CRDi  :Shocked: Especially when driven like you drove yours.

I would definately be checking your oil level straight away and be going up to the next level of oil quality..

As per the attached list (some other fully synthetics can be used but must meet B4 spec)

Edit: Magnatec SP is on the list - maybe you are using that? havent seen that over here ...

We had an ex Hyundai Service manager who used to be a member and he spoke VERY badly of Magnatec  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline RazvanBV

• 1st Gear
Thank you for the prmptitude. The thing is that the Hyundai dealer is it very crap in Brasov Romania, all the costumers complain about them. I use Castrol Magnatec because it is recommended by the Dealer in Romania, if you have some ather suggestions about using other oil i will be happy to do that. I make the revisions at every 20.000 km, so right now i have 100.000 km and my last service was at 80.000 km, so it is possible that the ring from the cap to be old. i don't drive ususaly like i said in the main post, i drive normal. The thing is that is F**king Romania and thing here are very diffrent than other civilized countries, 1000  people they give you 1000 diffrent suggestion, any way thank you for the posts and any recommendetion for using other oil is very wellcome.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Any of the non-Magnatec oils listed in that "doc" attached to my last post should be fine  :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
magnatec. :censored: :fum:   o ring is my suspicion also.  :idea: but still mention it at your next service.  :winker: shell oil is recommended by Hyundai in Australia.  :neutral:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 23:04:59 by 2i30s »
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal