i30 Owners Club

ROUGH IDLE ............Hyundai i30 crdi blue drive (2013)

Offline G4zz41983

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi anyone have any idea why my 63 plate i30 diesel has a intermittent idle??
I've sprayed a whole can of EGR cleaner in NO JOY and I've even  disconnect  the  mass air flow  sensor the car drivers slow so connect the sensor back and car drives normal BUT STILL GET THE INTERMITTENT  IDLE . ANY IDEAS 
  • Hyundai i30 crdi blue drive (2013)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
mate WELCOME but ; " I have this thing that is possibly string, can you predict the length?"

Gerard our chief clairvoyant is away meditating, so think about the question and come back with specific info .
eg  KMs , cold or hot, work done by professionals or their advice, and what the **** is intermittent idle? High or low revs or engine dies?
Other symptoms?
 :)

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
mate WELCOME but ; " I have this thing that is possibly string, can you predict the length?"

Gerard our chief clairvoyant is away meditating, so think about the question and come back with specific info .
eg  KMs , cold or hot, work done by professionals or their advice, and what the **** is intermittent idle? High or low revs or engine dies?
Other symptoms?
 :)

Sugar coating is an optional extra..  :snigger:

The more info you can supply the more likelihood of a remote diagnosis. It's difficult at the best of times to diagnose something like this without your head under the bonnet. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

guest9517
Might sound a bit harsh, but have you tried really trashing it when warm? Many diesels with EGR gets driven way to light & this builds up soot as you already figured out due to use of the EGR-cleaner :goodjob:

Btw. Liquids like EGR-cleaner is not a miracle-thing. If your EGR leaks i would instead remove it & give it a good manual cleaning with a brush & brake-cleaner instead (your intake will probably look the same as the EGR on the inside but thats a major operation)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Agreed.
Problem ..... we don't exactly know what his problem was/is????? just guessing.  :)
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

guest9517
Agreed.
Problem ..... we don't exactly know what his problem was/is????? just guessing.  :)

Problem: Rough idle. My answer: Experience & a bit of guessing, but thats how kind of all faultfinding works.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Agreed.

Problem: Rough idle. My answer: Experience & a bit of guessing, but thats how kind of all faultfinding works.

:mrgreen: Will bear that in mind...... if this guy ever bothers to reply, which I doubt.

Offline noels_hobby

• 2nd Gear
2010 I30 fd 240k rough idle at times seems to be due to contaminated fuel, ult bp diesel (highway diesel) from the same servo week after week and occasionally get rough idle excessive smoke on start. usually add 50ml chemtec diesel power plus in the tank clears it right up. the car runs well if the diesel foams when filling but if its flat does not run well. My I30 does not run well on caltex vortex diesel or bp truck diesel, seems to lack power. 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal