i30 Owners Club

Acceleration Problem in i30 1.6 Diesel

i30girl07 · 40 · 36327

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
just found a clip with a dude who has this issue... just so ppl can see what it does :)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
well good you got it fixed, just thought i would say it is not hard to remove and replace the whole filter unit, that can be the easiest way to change your fuel filter. but you have to know what your doing. these i30CRDi are a very easy car to work on in most cases.

ouri30
just found a clip with a dude who has this issue... just so ppl can see what it does :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r3XfN9dMEk[/youtube]

That's the same clip I discovered back when I experienced the problem.  I emailed the link to the service manager at my dealer back in 2008.

Bob

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
I seem to have run into this issue. The car was fine this morning, then I filled up with fuel. Since then it lost power and wouldn't rev past 2950. I haven't tried starting it again and driving after turning it off (since I'm now at work). Hopefully it'll fix itself. I'll find out when I go out after work today. Mind you I only had half a litre left of diesel when I filled up....

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
Just went for a drive to pick something up (lunch) and it's all back to normal. Turbo works now :mrgreen: I think it was just cos I went so low on diesel. Will keep an eye on it though.

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Mutley,
How many needle-widths did you run below empty this time? :lol: :lol:

Good that things rectified themselves.

Cheers,
Paolo5

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
Hi Mutley,
How many needle-widths did you run below empty this time? :lol: :lol:

Good that things rectified themselves.

Cheers,
Paolo5
Hahahaha nice one Paolo5. I think it was about 15 :lol: nah about 1.5 needle widths. All is good again thanks :cool: My guess is that it didn't recognise the new fuel and had sucked in a little bit of air which tripped the sensor. A couple more things to point out. When it happened I lost turbo pull, the car was vibrating a little more when idling and it took longer to start up, ie it kept ticking over longer than usual (lack of fuel).

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
A previous Post states:-
If you want to "incite" the car to do it, run it under 1/2 a tank of fuel and go around tight corners reasonably fast (not crazily fast) while accelerating. From my observation that can tend to make it happen more often.

Thanks Dazz, this is exactly what happens to me, maybe the Female Receptionist would do a lot better if She listened to my input, rather than simply "booking in". Her husband seems to be the Technician, my recollection is that it never happened when topped up, which it usually is.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
So we might be getting somewhere  :happydance:

It is a shame because you were quite smitten with your car (early on) from memory.. :'(
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ghgogov

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      UK,Scotland
Hi,
You can do a few checks by yourself.
1st check the massmeter plug which is exactly on the air filter pipe.
2nd think is to pull out the vacuum hose which goes to the flap on the intake.It i visible and no need to remove any parts or cover-pull it out and try the car.I used to have problem like this and is was from the flap staying almost close but sometimes ok.Try it and tell us what happend.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal