i30 Owners Club

Russian language on the head unit GD-02

Offline Ararat06

• 1st Gear

• ru Russian Federation
      Russia

Hello!

I ask for help from the owners of the GD-02 devices.

Is it possible to switch to the menu in Russian?

I have the opportunity and desire to purchase such a radio tape recorder in Russia, but I do not know if there is Russian in it.

Thank you in advance!
  • i30 2013 Wagon

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi Ararat06, I would have thought that if you’re purchasing the unit within Russia that your home language would already be installed on the unit :undecided:

I’ve had GD-01 and 03 units and neither had an option to change languages though so definitely check its Russian before purchasing.

Offline Ararat06

• 1st Gear

• ru Russian Federation
      Russia
The head unit is sold with a car disassembly, and installed gd-02 only for the markets of Australia and the UK, (as I understand), so the head unit is not Russian, and imported from another country.
In Russia, the i30 was equipped with monochrome head units with two rows of buttons, and this is sad. GD-02 for us is a rarity and will bring it under the order from Belarus.
 If someone has the ability to test GD-02 in the car for the Russian language, please unsubscribe here.
  • i30 2013 Wagon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The head unit is sold with a car disassembly, and installed gd-02 only for the markets of Australia and the UK, (as I understand), so the head unit is not Russian, and imported from another country.
In Russia, the i30 was equipped with monochrome head units with two rows of buttons, and this is sad. GD-02 for us is a rarity and will bring it under the order from Belarus.
 If someone has the ability to test GD-02 in the car for the Russian language, please unsubscribe here.

Member CraigB is pretty clued up on these. If he doesn't think they have the option to change to Russian language then I would tend to believe him.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If the unit is a UK or Australian model then you definitely won’t have the option for another language, English only sorry.

Offline Ararat06

• 1st Gear

• ru Russian Federation
      Russia
Thank you very much for your answers!

The head unit was with a faulty touchscreen (((( had to be returned to the seller.

I want to order gd-01. Have a question, if I can connect a reversing camera to the gd-01?

If this question was discussed on the forum, give a link please.
  • i30 2013 Wagon

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

The head unit was with a faulty touchscreen (((( had to be returned to the seller.

I want to order gd-01. Have a question, if I can connect a reversing camera to the gd-01?

Wont you have the same language problem with a GD-01 :undecided: they don't come with Russian.

I believe some of the higher model GD's came with reverse cameras though whether they were using the GD-01 head unit or the Navigation unit I do not know.

TBH I wouldn't bother with a GD-01 unit as they were problematic/unreliable, if possible try to obtain a GD-03 unit with USB module and cable from Stanvac wreckers, the GD-03 is definitely reverse camera compatible and is also Apple car play and Android auto compliant :link: CONTACT US | Stanvac Korean Auto Parts Adelaide | South Australia they do ship parts overseas so send them an email and see what they say.

VTH has placed a very detailed instruction here on the forum of how to upgrade/install a GD-03 head unit :link: HOW TO: UPGRADE YOUR GD-01/GD-02 TO A GD-03 HEAD UNIT STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus

Cameras can't be connected on a gd-01. Only gd-02 and up!

• Hyundai i30 2012

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal