i30 Owners Club

i30 GD 1.4 CRDI 2012 oil RISE

ideal09 · 36 · 16617

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

The New lux's have a manual burn button now. Lots of previous  years are being updated.

Wow! Im getting one   :twisted:
Cut in front of slow driver on the idiot brake, listen to pathetic honking, HIT BUTTON. .. Ah heaven!  :happydance:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

The New lux's have a manual burn button now. Lots of previous  years are being updated.

Cut in front of slow driver on the idiot brake, listen to pathetic honking, HIT BUTTON. .. Ah heaven!  :happydance:

:snigger: :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline crayman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie
Hey Asterix, I looked at your DPF photo and are you sure that's a diesel fuel inject hose? 
It looks too crappy, just has a spring hose clamp on the rubber hose and generally looks way too large/unsophisticated.
To me to looks like a pressure sensor hose running back to a cooler spot to mount the sensor. 
It would tell the system if the DPF is blocked due to higher than normal back pressure.
????
  • i-30

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Mate everything under a Euro or Scando car looks crappy. Due to their winter conditions.

Personally, it looks like an O2 sensor with a dodgy rubber hose.

Asterix knows more about the DPF than we do so it is what it is.
 Possibly Hyundai produced the early FD, then got caught by legislation and retro fitted the filter before the customer got it.

Thats theory #8 :cool:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

@nzenigma
 :rofl: :rofl: :victory:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Marioux

• 2nd Gear
Hi all,

I'm talked to several mechanics and as @rfactor they told me the same thing. Could be from failed regeneration attempts. One of them told me that he could pinpoint the source of the oil rise problem only after replacing the differential pressure sensor. He tested the car and told me that the temperature rises to quick.The ECU indicated that it had a lot of failed regeneration attempts. So I've bought one from Hyundai Mobis (through a eBay seller) straight from Korea. You guys think I should get it replaced ? I'm a little concerned I could break something . After my recent oil change I only purred 4.7 liters instead of 5.3 as indicating by the book. The oil still resides at the maximum indication on the dip stick. After 3000 Kms the level hasn't changed. If I would to change the sensor, GDS states that I should instruct the ECU that I've changed it. What are your thoughts of this ? Should I go for it ? I'm kind of worried that at the last oil change the viscosity was kind of abnormal. Kind of watery like. Sorry for my not so good english . Don't speak it natively.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal