i30 Owners Club

Tyre pressure sensors in PD

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
On my way home from work today the car beeped and the dash had the a wheel with an X on it looking icon and also the center screen in between the Speedo etc said i had a flat tyre. Didn't feel like it was flat at all, so pulled over when safe and had a look and it was fine.  So drive off and down the road the sensor magically started working again like it should and the readout was correct. I was about 20mins into my trip home when it happened.

So just wondering if this is a common thing that the sensors play up then work fine again? I've done about 4200km in the coupe of months I've owned it and this is the first time I've had it come up.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline Patteri

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
Never had this my self or the three other cars in our company, latest hyundai i30 and a kia optima.
  • Hyundai Ioniq 5 -22 & Hyundai Ioniq EV -19

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
They transmit wirelessly so perhaps the battery is getting flat or you were close to something interfering with the signal.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
So are you saying three wheels were showing a psi figure and one just had an x?

If they are all now showing pressures is the one that was an x lower than the others?

Maybe it is a temperature thing.. when it warms up a bit the pressure rises and it reads ok, but when cold it is considered too low and registers an error.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Thanks for the replies, it was just the rear driver side that did it. All the others were showing up correctly. They are all at 38/39psi. I brought the car brand new in March and haven't touched the wheels so its what Hyundai set it too. I hope the batteries aren't going dead already. I've done about 120km since I posted this the other day and it's been fine, no more errors. Maybe it was just a once off thing.

I was more curious if this was a normal thing for them to drop out like that. I'm just about to do a return trip to Melb in a month and it could get annoying if it happens again.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
So they are all showing the same now? You didn't actually answer that part.  :undecided:

I've done 58,000 klms in 23 months without this ever happening to me. So hopefully just a one of hiccup.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Sorry mate yes they are all showing 38/39psi even the one that had the fault is now showing that. I think the rear two are showing 38 and the front two 39psi.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal