i30 Owners Club

Canadian PD out in the Wild

Offline pkmaster

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ontario, Canada
I decided to burn some time waiting for the snow by taking a few pictures. I tried to go for a rally on a budget look. Pretend those Ikea cutting boards are black, haha.

Some things I've added to the car so far:

17" Sparco Terra wheels in white
Arctic Altimax 12 Winter Tires
SAFE window deflector
Gledring Floor mats
Decals

The refresh rate on the LED daytime running lights is a bit slow, so some pictures have them off.

Super duper fun car to scoot around. I can whip it around corners fairly confidently. I can't even imagine how well the multilink suspension models would feel.

I think the 2.0L 160 and change HP engine has the perfect amount of power that won't get me into too much trouble by the law.

The biggest small surprise to me was the stitching on the centre console arm rest. It's properly stitched rather than some stitch molding stamping/shaping like on our Toyota Sienna. The panoramic roof really opens up the interior too. It's only a matter of time before more of these show up on the road and make me feel a little less special haha.

I'm really not a big fan of the plate placement on this car. I feel like it would look better if the front plates were more like the Lancer. Then again, I think Hyundai was going for a more mature, responsible look for this car and I'm going against the grain a bit here. 

Click here for more photos I've taken.
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, 2.0l Gasoline, Auto, White

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Very nice mate :goodjob:

I see in your imgur album that your alloys mysteriously change from white to metallic  :whistler:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline pkmaster

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ontario, Canada
Haha yeah. The winter season does that to the wheels sometimes.

I had a bunch of other photos on the computer that I planned to use for a fairly extensive review, but it was too extensive for me. It included a bunch of sound levels and vent air speed numbers, but the numbers alone are worthless without some sort of reference.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

Looks good, need big flaps with chunky 4wd tyres   :goodjob: :lol:

A Pink bunny sticker   :question:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the photos. White wheels look great with a white car. Not a  huge fan of the decals or blue mudflaps, but I know you are looking at alternatives for those.  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
Nice ride!
Looks like a rally car. I would go for Hyundai’s rally decals too.
May you enjoy it!
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline pkmaster

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ontario, Canada

Looks good, need big flaps with chunky 4wd tyres   :goodjob: :lol:

A Pink bunny sticker   :question:

Thanks. I wasn't too sure how well it would look with the tires, but I've seen many a Mazda 3 hatches running around with them and it looked pretty decent.

Haha yeah the decals are all themed around a Korean character the game 'Overwatch'. I saw other cars with obscure decals on the road. It's quite fun when you understand them, especially when you're stuck in traffic. Kinda like a grown-ups' where's waldo. I thought it would be kinda fun to be a mobile easter egg.

Thanks for the photos. White wheels look great with a white car. Not a  huge fan of the decals or blue mudflaps, but I know you are looking at alternatives for those.  :victory:

Yeah the white turned out to look pretty cool. Still working on the mud flaps though. We've hit the negatives now, so it'll probably be next season before I switch them out.

Functionally, they've been really great though. I can hear all the stones and stuff flinging off the treads and bouncing off the flaps, which resonates through the bumper.

Nice ride!
Looks like a rally car. I would go for Hyundai’s rally decals too.
May you enjoy it!

Thanks. I got bit by the Group B bug last month and I've been really addicted to the raw visceral action of it. The white wheels were because of that for sure.

I'd do anything to get a full Hyundai wrap.

Speaking of which, someone on the highways here did a full team Castrol rally 2 door toyota Corolla wrap. It was complete with a rally light bar and suspension. It looked like an E80 or E90 generation. It was an amazing sight among the sea of plain old cars and typical tuner modded cars. I really wished I took a picture of it.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal