i30 Owners Club

I30 aerial amplifier

Cookt · 3 · 1248

Offline Cookt

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
I30 CDRI 2015 - Having problems with poor reception in the country (AM & FM). Does the aerial have an amplifier, if so, where is it located. If there isn't an amplifier, where is the easiest place to install one - I have already purchased the amplifier and are technically competent to install it.
  • I30 2015 CRDI Activ

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I would think not. Probably in behind the headunit since you'll need power but you're probably going to need some adaptors to connect to the antenna if the GD has the same style as the FD series compared to conventional car antenna leads.

Depend on the amp you got I guess?

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It's worth getting back into a spot with poor reception and trying a direct connection with the roof antenna removed and connected directly to the head unit. If you're able to fit new stuff yourself, you should be competent to try this.

It will give you a good indication of whether the problem is low signal reception or poor cable and connection integrity, thereby potentially saving you the cost of purchasing anything at all.

You might just find some connection or cable between antenna and unit needs improving, perhaps just by cleaning and reseating.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal