i30 Owners Club

Do I have a GD-01 head unit and can I upgrade to GD-03

Offline macca__macca

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Administrator Comment Split from :link: HOW TO: UPGRADE YOUR GD-01/GD-02 TO A GD-03 HEAD UNIT STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE

Thanks for the awesome post.

I have a 2013 i30 hatch (Elite). It has a reverse camera and GPS. I desperately want to update the head unit to one with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer:
  • Is my car a GD-01, or something else? I'm having trouble determining what it is aside from 'GD' which is listed in the manual.
  • As my car has a large screen with reverse cam and GPS already, am I correct in assuming the GD-03 unit I need to find is also the 'GPS model' and thus will accommodate the reverse cam and different facia shape compared to that shown in this thread?
  • Has anyone found another source for acquiring GD-03 head units in Australia aside from Hyundai Car Parts Adelaide?

Thanks all,
Macca
  • 2013 i30 Elite

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
If you install gd-03 you will loose the gps function but you will be able to use your phone’s gps through apple carplay. Also I think that the gps head units have different pin locations so you will have to rearrange them for the gd-03 unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi and welcome Macca, you're correct in that you will require the unit with navigation.

When I purchased mine through Stanvac wreckers they asked whether I needed the Nav or non Nav unit so they must be available in both, GD03 units were out of the 2015 to 2016 vehicles and are identifiable by there not being an incorporated CD player/slot and a sticker on the rear of the unit that will also state the model.

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
There is a headunit for the i30 with apple carplay and gps (has the size of the normal gps unit so no aircon unit won’t need replacement) but from what I know it is not called gd-03.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal