i30 Owners Club

Un-amplified rear speaker cable points?

Offline CharlieAus

• 1st Gear
Hi Guys,

I'm new here, just picked the GF up a SX and am super happy with it so far (never thought I'd buy a Hyundai but the bad taste of seeing so many paint fading, ticking excels has gone ha ha).  The stereo is a little ... lacking, I've emailed Hyundai to check if I can upgrade the stereo and keep the warranty and they said I could but if the modification caused a specific error relating to it that whatever problem it caused wouldn't be covered.

So, I ripped all of the stereo out of the car we traded (It had a pretty pumping stereo) and noticed that in amplified models (i30's with an amplifier, which I assume is only the higher models) the speaker cable is run to the boot.  I'm wondering do they still run it to there if there isn't an amplifier and just patch them together or do they save the 20c and only run it to the rear doors for the rear speakers?  I wanted to throw a set of 6x9's in the back shelf for now until I got around to wiring up an amp/sub and splits and was hoping I wouldn't have to pull up carpet, pull off door skins etc to achieve this.  Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Charlie .. I can't help with your question.. but welcome to the club anyway (I'm sure someone can help) :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline trsc27

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Ive noticed that in this guide written by Thumper the rear speaker wires are shown for an amp install so I guess thats as good as any

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,586.0.html

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
when you do it bro, do a write up and take many photos!!!

so we have a really good one on here aye im sure everyone would be cheering man ;)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal