i30 Owners Club

Side lights and day time running lights

Offline Dom63uk

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      N18 1JH
On my Hyundai i30. 2018 model when I turn the light switch to sidelights the daytime running lights come on but no sidelights when I turn the switch to auto and it gets dark all the lights work perfectly when I turn the switch to off position the running lights used to work but they no longer work as anyone had this problem could it be a module would you be able to help me please
  • Hyundai i30

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
If the lights are not working like they are supposed to, take it back to dealer. 2018 model has warranty.

Also some punctuation would be most helpful, when you describe the issue. :D
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The DRLs should light when you start the engine, regardless of the switch position, though they may extinguish when you apply the headlamps.

As Sundiz says, what you describe isn't expected behaviour... have it looked at.

As an afterthought, you might try disconnecting the battery -ve for half an hour or so, just to see if a kick up the arse solves it (it has solved electrical issues for other members in the past)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Oh, and  :wttc:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
If its the same as my 2019 model the DRLs go out when you apply the handbrake....

Offline Dom63uk

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      N18 1JH
I found out today the car was cat N and they say I have no Waranty help me on the problem not my English because if I wrote it in Italian  my first land gauge you may not understand thanks
  • Hyundai i30

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Did the seller tell you it was category N when you bought it? If they didn't then you should be able to make a claim against them.

When you insured the car, the insurer would have known it was cat N as it is logged on a central database.

If you bought it knowing it was cat N then presumably you'd know it had suffered enough damage to warrant being written off, and what you're describing could be damage that hasn't been repaired. For a car that's only 2 years old it must have had a lot of damage to make it uneconomic to repair. I would expect Hyundai would only honour the warranty if it was repaired by a Hyundai authorised workshop.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal