i30 Owners Club

JTX H7 LED bulbs

CraigB · 36 · 11283

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I got these just to try..   Didn't want to pay to much
:link: OSRAM H7 980W 140000LM LED Car Headlight Conversion Globes Bulb Beam Kit 6500K | eBay
At 7000LM per bulb they were way to bright for low beams anyway :Shocked: plus they're just a basic cob LED which wont have the correct angled beam or cut off line :disapp:

I also bought a similar pair of the halogens you've installed, colour was good around 5500 to 6000K though the brightness was severely compromised with the full blue coating.

Yeah the LED globes I got were just to try to see if they worked before spending extra $$ on better quality/correct ones.
The light coming out of the headlights was pretty good. Nice & even light..
But the adaptors I got are similar the the ones you had linked. They don't work either with the PD light housing. There is nothing there to clip into.
The base plate the the H7 globe go in, is completely different.   Hence why I haven't bothered since as I couldn't find anything that comes close.

I don't seem to have any trouble with the light output with the globes that I have got.  To me they are just as bright as the original globes.
But the colour is way much better & a closer match to the day time led's
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline curtiswalter

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Having read all the above, I am still confused!! I have a July 18 build i30 Go (the base model) and the headlights are pretty terrible. I adjusted the off side headlight as it was too high, and now low beam is acceptable, but High Beam is woeful!! My old 2001 Magna was way better with standard Quartz Halogen bulbs. Because mine is a later model than the ones in the post to date, I am not sure whether maybe Hyundai used lower wattage bulbs because of it being the base model. I don't see why I should have to stuff around with replacement lights, but, I'd like to hear from anyone else who can shed light (no pun intended!) on my problem.
Apart from that, I love the car   :head_butt:
  • 2018Go,5door,Hatch,petrol,2.0p,Auto,Marina Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Having read all the above, I am still confused!! I have a July 18 build i30 Go (the base model) and the headlights are pretty terrible. I adjusted the off side headlight as it was too high, and now low beam is acceptable, but High Beam is woeful!! My old 2001 Magna was way better with standard Quartz Halogen bulbs. Because mine is a later model than the ones in the post to date, I am not sure whether maybe Hyundai used lower wattage bulbs because of it being the base model. I don't see why I should have to stuff around with replacement lights, but, I'd like to hear from anyone else who can shed light (no pun intended!) on my problem.
Apart from that, I love the car   :head_butt:
Bulb types will be listed in the specifications section of your user manual.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 16:33:12 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome curtiswalter.

I would be extremely surprised if the lights are downgraded in the Go. I have an SR and out of the 4 x i30's we've had I reckon they are the best. Mind you the lights in the 1st 2 series were only just!

On the positive side they are some of the easiest to swap in the new model. Here is a thread with some info.

:link: 2017 PD i30 SR head light bulbs!?

Low beams are H7 and Hi beams are HB3

You should be able to upgrade the Hi beams for less than $30 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline curtiswalter

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Thanks gents for the replies. I'm obviously not the first to wonder about the lights. Watch this space and when I get a chance I'll follow up the links again and I'll upgrade  the high beam. I can live with low beam.
  • 2018Go,5door,Hatch,petrol,2.0p,Auto,Marina Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds like a plan!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal