i30 Owners Club

2018 - Any of our members riding their pushy's?

eye30 · 173 · 30123

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'm a couple of days away from packing up most of our belongings for relocation interstate. That includes my mountain bike, but while I'll live on base and do a lot more riding than driving until Christmas, I'm borrowing a bike my mother has been given by a friend in the hope she might try riding it.

Well, this week I put it in the back of Firty and gave it a quick once over. I think it's double the value of my bike!

:link: GT Transeo 5.0 | Hybrid Bikes for sale in Ringwood
Nice bike @The Gonz :goodjob2:

Changing locations again, I cant keep up :snigger: make sure to send me a pm with your new address in case I'm ever to send some more prezzie's your way :D

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
I could have sworn I saw this thread locked yesterday, found it a bit odd - or am I imagining things?

I haven't been on the bike in ages, but should be soon once I move in to my new place on the 1st of next month and get settled in :goodjob2: :goodjob2:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I could have sworn I saw this thread locked yesterday

You're not wrong.

One of our moderators updated that old/superseded locked thread instead of this current one.  Shambles sorted it out ;)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I could have sworn I saw this thread locked yesterday, found it a bit odd - or am I imagining things?

I haven't been on the bike in ages, but should be soon once I move in to my new place on the 1st of next month and get settled in :goodjob2: :goodjob2:

Sharing with your cute GF?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

She'll join end of the year once she graduates from university, then it's the start of the working life for her

• 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

She'll join end of the year once she graduates from university, then it's the start of the working life for her

Sounds like a plan! That's not far away. Something to look forward to.  :goodjob2:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

This chap can sure ride a bike

:link: Dawid Godziek land's first quadruple tail whip on a mountain bike - BBC Sport
They showed him having several failed attempts on the news last night before he nailed it. Lucky he didn't hurt himself!  :sweating:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Latest pics from my ride today.

New route  along bridgewater canal from Runcorn to Warrington.
Then over the River Mersey to return to Widnes along the St Helens canal.

However, took a slight detour to call in for a lunchtime drink at "son of shambles" pub in Burtonwood. (see separate post)

Enjoy

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 19:23:23 by eye30 »
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
went on a nice ride this morning, with a group got one pic from a lookout, thought I'd post. weather great.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Nice photo Lakes :goodjob2: waiting for some of that nice weather to show up over our way :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the photo John. Looks lovely! :goodjob:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Close to the end of the Audax season and I needed to squeeze in a 200km ride for an award. It's almost spring here and we have had a lot of rain which means hot and humid weather for sure. Luckily the forecast was for 27 degrees. Lol.

The route was from Yeronga to out beyond the west of Ipswich and return. Its generally gentle rises, long descents and little traffic.

Getting ready to launch. I've elected to take the Defy and I'm glad I did. The electronic shifting was a thing I didn't need to worry about all day.

40 degrees and humid. And only half way done.

30 km to lunch, I can do that. Actually no I couldn't. We are still outbound at this stage and after climbing the highest point on the ride, I retreated to the Harrisville pub and phoned a friend.

By this point I was too knackered to ride to the pub up the hill which worked out well, because the pub at the bottom of the hill put on a good lunch. I'll do this again, but when the weather is a bit lot cooler.

Oh yes, only 115km covered.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:01:59 by Aussie Keith »
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for that Keith, I couldn't work out from FB what the full story was.  :goodjob:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Coke and ice has magical restorative powers on days like these. I never drink Coke and yet I drank a lot on this day. A tough day at the office, for everyone - one guy managed 600km.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 21:00:20 by Aussie Keith »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Coke and ice has magical restorative powers on days like these. I never drink Coke and yet I drank a lot on this day. A tough day at the office, for everyone - one guy managed 600km.

A bit like red bull. Probably about one a month I have a red bull as a pick me up when running out of puff.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Coke and ice has magical restorative powers
Think that's why it's illegal   :lol:  :rofl:

tough day at the office, for everyone - one guy managed 600km.

Frrk !  :faint:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
A quick look back at 2018.

There's time to squeeze a few more in before the end of the year. This year I managed to get down and back up the Toowoomba Range. 

And I managed to find my old race bike and bring it back to life. Here's hoping for more time to ride bikes in 2019.

Ye Olde Rossin

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
11/34 on the back, 52/34 on the front and the front inside chainring is oval. Electronic syncho shifting with all the shifting now on one lever. Because 52/34 is a non standard combination I need to tune the cross over a little at some point but when you get down to the lower 3 gears the road is pretty steep and using the front chainring is out of the question. Not quite sufficient gearing to carry a fat bloke up every hill, but good enough most of the time. Total of 22 but widely spaced and 1:1 at one end.

This bike is used for long rides, normally somewhere the road goes up and down sharply so massive brakes and extended gearing were fitted with that in mind. Brake are 160mm with metal pads and it now stops like a motorbike. I had smaller rotors and resin pads at one time and they got cooked as I followed a car down the PEI road off Mt Glorious. Because I descend like a stone (E=MC2 and all that)  and I like to stop when needed, this was a must. Descending is now faster than before when not stuck behind something and with greater margin of safety when you are owing to improved heat management. The faster than before bit I think is because of the ability to brake later and with more confidence than previously. Speed just washes off, there is tremendous control and its completely transformed the bike.

:link: Shimano Di2 Synchro Shifting Explained.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:24:12 by Aussie Keith »

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Thanks the info.
Things have come a long way frommy first bicycle :  a dragster with a rear pedal brake and a banana seat  :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
This thread is now locked.

A new thread has been created for 2019.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

OK!  :snigger:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal