i30 Owners Club

60,000+ posts on definitely the Best Car Forum on the internet.

Dazzler · 22 · 3370

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
..and I've loved (nearly) every minute of it!

I couldn't make this post without first thanking @Shambles who has kept the wheels turning for much of the last 10 years. Without Steve I never would have got to this point.

Secondly I need to thank my Mate Dorian who despite not being a member is a regular visitor. It was him who recommended a Diesel i30 in late 2007 and hounded me until I eventually bought one in March 2008. If he hadn't done that I wouldn't have suggested starting the club!  :victory:

Next i need to thank @tw2005 (Gerard) and @nzenigma (Gary) for their amazing contributions in Technical support. We have had helpful members give technical support but never to the extent that these two have done in recent times. You guys are awesome!

Obviously I can't forget the Moderators for their ongoing support and friendship. Mind you, they do have a fairly easy job in this mostly flame free environment!  :happydance: 

Lastly I'd like to thank our members 99% of whom are friendly and thankfully broad minded enough to cope with the occasional ribald posting!

Here's hoping nothing stops the site from doing much the same over the next 10 years and beyond.

FIngers and toes crossed I'm still around in maybe another 6 or 7 years to post a similar spiel for my 100,000th posting.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
..and I've loved (nearly) every minute of it!

I couldn't make this post without first thanking @Shambles who has kept the wheels turning for much of the last 10 years. Without Steve I never would have got to this point.

Secondly I need to thank my Mate Dorian who despite not being a member is a regular visitor. It was him who recommended a Diesel i30 in late 2007 and hounded me until I eventually bought one in March 2008. If he hadn't done that I wouldn't have suggested starting the club!  :victory:

Next i need to thank @tw2005 (Gerard) and @nzenigma (Gary) for their amazing contributions in Technical support. We have had helpful members give technical support but never to the extent that these two have done in recent times. You guys are awesome!

Obviously I can't forget the Moderators for their ongoing support and friendship. Mind you, they do have a fairly easy job in this mostly flame free environment!  :happydance: 

Lastly I'd like to thank our members 99% of whom are friendly and thankfully broad minded enough to cope with the occasional ribald posting!

Here's hoping nothing stops the site from doing much the same over the next 10 years and beyond.

FIngers and toes crossed I'm still around in maybe another 6 or 7 years to post a similar spiel for my 100,000th posting.  :cool:
:goodjob2:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I could get quite emotional.

But I wont!  :twisted: May I return the complement to you and also the team for putting together an awesome site.

Best wishes My Friend, Gary
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 23:16:19 by nzenigma »
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Nice testimony Dazz :goodjob:

The whole caboodle has been a joint effort, and judging by the number of recent buy-out offers we've had, just goes to show what we've achieved as a club :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

The whole caboodle has been a joint effort, and judging by the number of recent buy-out offers we've had, just goes to show what we've achieved as a club :D
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It's ironic that because of the diversity and shear volume of posts on the site we rank so highly on Google.

As you are no doubt aware, if you google almost anything i30 related we are nearly always at or near the top of the searches.

I sometimes search google to help with member issues and 9 time out of 10 end up back at the site!  :crazy1: :rofl:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I sometimes search google to help with member issues and 9 time out of 10 end up back at the site!  :crazy1: :rofl:

:faint: Zapped, our secret is out;

Gerard Googles my posts , I Google his posts , and in this millennial world where all previous posts have been forgotten before midday,  the Techie appears to be a genius.  :winker:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Well I'll been to prayers tonight an so I'll raise a glass or three to all who frequent the site.

Especially Steve and Dazz who keep the forum ticking over seamlessly.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Congratulation everyone, bloody awesome site. 

Wishing you all the best health in the years to come.

• 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Congrats to all concerned setting up and keeping this very user friendly forum running.

It's one if those rare forums that has that unique blend of necessary technical ability mixed with a healthy dose of good humour and without the malice that frequently pervades a lot of enthusiast sites.

I stumbled across it when I was casting around for user experiences of the i30 and could immediately see that this was one of those rare forums that focused on the topic without any hidden agendas and biases creeping in here and there.
Keep up the good work and we all look forward to another 10 years.  :P
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What could be said, has been said  :) it truely is the best car forum and we truely have the nicest bunch of members :goodjob2:

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I came for the peanuts and stayed for the rum and cokes. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Onya Dazz,
60k posts,  how do you find the time for anything else?   :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

:faint: Zapped, our secret is out;

Gerard Googles my posts , I Google his posts , and in this millennial world where all previous posts have been forgotten before midday,  the Techie appears to be a genius.  :winker:

:rofl: :rofl:
Millennial's ,   I don't get them at all.  :crazy1:  :crazy2:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Onya Dazz,
60k posts,  how do you find the time for anything else?   :lol:

You'd be surprised what else I get time for.. Dorian reckons he can always tell when I'm "out and about" The forum goes quiet for 4 or 5 hours... :twisted:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Congratulations to all that help run this fine forum.  :goodjob:
I find the posts on here more interesting than Facebook :winker:

Keep up the good work  :P
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
60k thats a lot of posting.  1k per car you have owned in the same timeframe  :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

60k thats a lot of posting.  1k per car you have owned in the same timeframe  :whistler:

Close, probably 1 car per 1K posts I would have owned if Trish hadn't said no a few times!  :sweating:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Mrs Beer says no a fair bit too  :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal