i30 Owners Club

Mystery Air Con issue GD CRDi

Offline constantinos

• 2nd Gear
I recently upgrade from a FD to a GD one and i have a very weird issue with my A/c.

The car is already to the electric garage but still nothing.
The issue starts when sometimes the a/c wasnt cooling.sometimes turning off the ignition and starting again the engine the a/c was ok. But one day even this ‘solution’ stop responding.
 So the a/c  for weeks now is not cooling.
1.refridgator air on the system is ok
2.pressure switch ok
3. A/c compressor is ok
4. A/c fan is ok
5.A/c interior climate panel replace and also is ok
 The only fault i have is the battery sensor shows my battery at -40 celsius
I replace the sensor but the same .
Is there any wiring diagram for the A/c system on this forum? Does @tw2005 or anyone else have one?
i30 2014 se crdi

Thanks in advance for the help
  • i30 2008 1.6 crdi

Offline constantinos

• 2nd Gear
Hello again fellas.. My a/c issue still there.! Can anyone has anything similar??Or any diagramm of a/c system? Any help appreciate!!

• i30 2008 1.6 crdi

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Unfortunately,  due to the lack  response, I would think that you  are charting virgin territory. Please keep us in the loop when sorted, cheers.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline constantinos

• 2nd Gear
yes @mickd :( i took my last chance replacing the engine ecu but needs re-programmed so i think is time to visit the official company and hope to found the solution.
  • i30 2008 1.6 crdi

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
The only thing I would recommend is the expansion valve as you have described it is intermittent. The valve can stick and get stuck so it’s not doing it’s job in releasing gases. Would require a vacuum of the gas to replace
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hello again fellas.. My a/c issue still there.! Can anyone has anything similar??Or any diagramm of a/c system? Any help appreciate!!

Sorry about the lack of responses but the member you tagged has left the building unfortunately. He was definitely our best at finding wiring diagrams and part numbers.  :disapp:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hello again fellas.. My a/c issue still there.! Can anyone has anything similar??O

Sorry about the lack of responses but the member you tagged has left the building unfortunately. He was definitely our best at finding wiring diagrams and part numbers.  :disapp:

:Shocked: :Shocked: :eek: :eek:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hello again fellas.. My a/c issue still there.! Can anyone has anything similar??O

:Shocked: :Shocked: :eek: :eek:

Dont think Gerard has been on for more than a month. Don't think he has an issue with the forum, just decided to get a life.  :undecided:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
@Dazzler
Well, I'll be f%cked.
I must be the only one following this thread and read what you put here Dazz.
 :disapp: :disapp:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I read it but thought it must a temporary thing - didn't realise it was a 'resignation'!  :eek:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The 18th of July was Gerard's last visit to the forum.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The 18th of July was Gerard's last visit to the forum.

Yeah I just spotted that but was nearly a whole month before that.. and his last post was 20th May .  :Pout:

Offline constantinos

• 2nd Gear
Hello guys ! Im coming back after replacing the compressor valve and problem solved....for 2 weeks.
Back again to dealer and told me
That compressor need replace.
But still no power in the compressor. They told me that when the compressor "stuck" it cuts the power.. is this true? Does anyone knows?? Im afraid that replacing the compressor will not solve the problem and im not willing to spend €700 🤨🤨
Any help will be appreciate
  • i30 2008 1.6 crdi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hello guys ! Im coming back after replacing the compressor valve and problem solved....for 2 weeks.
Back again to dealer and told me
That compressor need replace.
But still no power in the compressor. They told me that when the compressor "stuck" it cuts the power.. is this true? Does anyone knows?? Im afraid that replacing the compressor will not solve the problem and im not willing to spend €700 🤨🤨
Any help will be appreciate

Thanks for the update. I can't help with the technical question as such, but maybe you could source a second hand one much cheaper and then if that doesn't help at least you haven't blown 700 Euro? Just a thought until someone more knowledgeable comes along.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal