i30 Owners Club

2009 1.4 Comfort FD Coolant & AC

SP1884 · 4 · 2081

Offline SP1884

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Recently with it being summer i decided to look under the bonnet to check the fluid levels, i noticed the coolant level was alittle low, this i topped up with some De-Ionised water as a one off, however the colour of the coolant appears a muddy brown.

I would like to do a coolant change, and contacted a Hyundai dealer, they recommended this Universal coolant Genuine Hyundai Universal Antifreeze Concentrate

Halfords recommends this Comma G30 Antifreeze and Coolant RM 5L

I believe according to the manual it needs to be ethylene glycol based

Would someone be able to confirm if either is correct or not?

Also with the recent warm weather my AC has stopped working, it was serviced and regassed last August, when the AC was working last month it started making an odd noise coming from what appeared to be the glovebox area, switching it off the noise would go away, now it does not work at all with no noise and only warm circulating air. i will be calling out a mobile car AC repairer to diagnose but wanted to ask advice on this forum from you knowledgeable folk first.

• i30 FD 2009

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Ethylene Glycol Based for aluminium radiator. Interesting topic though because I always have used the "green" one . Penrite also recommends these for the 1.6 petrol which is going to be the same

7 Year 450,000KM Blue Coolant Concentrate is a Genuine Glysantin® G30® Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM),

7 Year 450,000KM Blue Coolant Concentrate is a GENUINE GLYSANTIN® G30®
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Fully Licensed and Warranty Approved,
Type "A" Ethylene glycol, Anti-Freeze Anti-Boil cooIant as used in initial manufacturer
factory fills. It uses a technically advanced OAT (Organic Acid Technology) based
inhibitor system that is Silicate, Phosphate, Amine, Borate and Nitrite free. The extended
long life inhibitor for

or

Universal for top ups

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline SP1884

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Quick update,  mobile car AC repairer was unable to attend but managed to find a local garage around the corner, they performed a recovery of refrigerant, vacuum hold test, and regas, AC is now cold again and with no noise, so apparently no leaks? i will see how well it holds up over the coming months. Also it appears the wholesale cost of R134a refrigerant has gone up!

@tw2005 thank you, i think i will go for the Comma G30 for the coolant change. i can only assume the current color is due to universal top up's being used in the past.

• i30 FD 2009

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal