i30 Owners Club

Looking for a USB connector

Offline esotice

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Bavaria
Hey can anyone help me find a USB connector that would fit the USB as listed on the lower right here? I have successfully traded out the 8" for the 5", but the USB needs to get connected for CarPlay. One other thing is, the 8" keeps telling me to turn on the ignition due to battery drain, even when I am driving! The ACC is listed however on the same spot on both connectors ?!

Here is the pinout diagram!

[/quote]
  • 2018 PD Estate/Kombi 1.0 Turbo

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Are you saying that your USB plug is physically different or that you cannot see where it connects? Can you post photos of your hardware?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline TheBambi

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Germany, NRW
try to search for "Car Media Kopfeinheit USB-Schnittstelle Kabeladapter fuer KIA HYUNDAI ELANT"  on ebay and/or aliexpress. If I should not be wrong the connector should be the one you will need.

Regarding "keeps telling me to turn on the ignition due to battery drain" please expect IGN 1 has to be changed from PIN 32 to PIN 33 inside Connector B for your radio.
  • 2019 PDE 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6CRDi 100 kW, Manual, Blue

Offline esotice

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Bavaria
The 4 USB pins have to be moved from the block connector to a separate terminal for the 8" version. I do not know why they did it that way. Actually, I do not intend to take apart the block connector, but rather I have ordered the appropriate USB connector I need, and will attach that to the back of the 8" radio.

:link: Car Media Central Unit USB Cable Interface Adapter For KIA Hyundai Tucson-in Cables, Adapters & Sockets from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com |

Sorry, I have no clue how to post photos here...

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
It may be the vehicle speed connection as it will give information of engine revolutions.

Also the usb connector looks very similar to mine which can be obtained from a Kia Sportage mk3, but it all depends on what the connection looks like at the usb part

Something like this is available
USB cable
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Offline esotice

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Bavaria
Yes, this is the one I ordered, but from Aliexpress. I wish I had thought to look at eBay though...would have been better to pay with PayPal.

Thanks for the link!

Tom

It may be the vehicle speed connection as it will give information of engine revolutions.

Also the usb connector looks very similar to mine which can be obtained from a Kia Sportage mk3, but it all depends on what the connection looks like at the usb part

Something like this is available
USB cable

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal