i30 Owners Club

2015 GD 5 Door Hatch - Cruise control speed display

Offline LargePig

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Basingstoke, Hampshire
Is there anything I can do to get the cruise control speed to display?

I've only got the basic dash, but it shows speed limit setting, don't understand why it doesn't show cruise control speed. I keep finding myself counting clicks when I want to adjust it, especially when changing zones.
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4lt, Manual, Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Unfortunately I doubt very much it is configurable. I know where you are coming from. Having had the speed set figure available in my last few cars I really miss it when I drive something with just the set symbol (with no speed indicator)

My wife's 2014 i30 Tourer doesn't have it and even some of the current model Hyundai's I have been loaned recently haven't had it on lesser models.  :fum:

It's not a deal breaker but it is definitely better with the speed display. Same as I like the way most newer models give you a digital speedo readout in the centre of the dials now.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline LargePig

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Basingstoke, Hampshire
Yeah, it's not the end of the world, I just wondered if there had ever been any new firmware updates from Hyundai or anything. Seems like it's something that they could add if they were so inclined.
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4lt, Manual, Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yeah, it's not the end of the world, I just wondered if there had ever been any new firmware updates from Hyundai or anything. Seems like it's something that they could add if they were so inclined.

I often see situations where manufacturers could improve things with a firmware update but they seldom do, tending to just add the feature in a later or higher model.

I guess it encourages people to  update and upgrade.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal