i30 Owners Club

bumpkins simple guide to Photobucket - No frills, does the job!

Guest · 2 · 14593

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I have created a very simple guide to getting your pics into your messages.  It is still subject to change but should get the many of you who are having issues hosting photos up and running.

• 1.  Edit your photos and screen grabs in your favorite program and most people will resize to 1024x768 to ensure that most users can view.  In order to keep your size and upload speeds reasonable ensure that screengrabs are converted from *.bmp to *.jpg files.
  • 2.  Go to www.photobucket.com and get yourself a (free!) user account by following the registration process.
  • 3.  On the left side of your Photobucket screen you will find "albums" where you can create folders to keep your shots organised.  Create albums to keep shots together for your posts.
  • 4.  Once inside the album created click on "Upload images and videos", browse to where you have saved them on your local PC and select the ones you wish to upload.  Multiple files can be uploaded by holding ALT and clicking on the files.
  • 5.  After uploading your browser will refresh to an edit tags window, this is the simple guide so ignore and click on "Return to album".
  • 6.  Your images will now be displayed as thumbnails on screen, hover the mouse over the image and you will get a drop down dialogue box.  Highlight and copy the code inside the IMG code box and paste into your i30 forums message and your images are then embedded in your message.
  • 7.  Be aware that moving the images after you have posted their links in forum messages will result in the message losing the link, so make sure you have saved your images in the album you wish them to stay in before posting.

If anybody needs assistance AFTER reading this then PM me with your specific issue.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Many of our new members have been asking about this, it does exist, here is a reminder!

Bumped by bumpkin.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal