i30 Owners Club

coils and what not for fd i30...

Offline after beyond

• 1st Gear

• us United States
      California
so I'm putting this out there to hopefully help someone. as I did my research looking for coilovers for my 2011 elantra touring, i30 cw. I have found out that these cars have the exact same suspension as the 2007-2010 elantra sedan, so look for lowering springs or coils for the sedan and they will work on your fd... I currently have d2 coils on my wagon and they fit perfect and ride really nice and instead of paying $1500 for i30 coils I paid $800 for elantra coils. I would post a pic but I cant make my pix small enough to fit this ridiculous 200kb pic size. you can check out my profile pic though. anyways hope this helps someone.
  • 2011 elantra touring

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks very much for that.

With regard to the picture size limit, the best way to a post picture on here is to ignore the attachment section and click "on the add image to this post option" which will allow you to upload an image to a host site and automatically post a link in the thread.
Or you can post via Imgur or similar and manually include a link.

We limited attachments as they increase our bandwidth and our backup and can get lost in the event of a site crash.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
so I'm putting this out there to hopefully help someone. as I did my research looking for coilovers for my 2011 elantra touring, i30 cw. I have found out that these cars have the exact same suspension as the 2007-2010 elantra sedan, so look for lowering springs or coils for the sedan and they will work on your fd... I currently have d2 coils on my wagon and they fit perfect and ride really nice and instead of paying $1500 for i30 coils I paid $800 for elantra coils. I would post a pic but I cant make my pix small enough to fit this ridiculous 200kb pic size. you can check out my profile pic though. anyways hope this helps someone.
Upload to imgur and then copy  paste BB code. That's what I do and I'm sure we'd all like to see what beauty you've created :happydance:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You could have gotten Eibach lowered springs for about $600us, I think Whiteline also provide FD springs, not sure if available in the US though :undecided:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal