i30 Owners Club

Lane keep assist

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Hi all.

I haven't used my i30 tourer for nearly 3 weeks due to a family holiday and drove it today with everything else seeming okay apart from the LKA.

Usually there is a white car icon with white lines next to it IIRC. When it's over a certain speed and the radar can see the lines at the side of the road/lane, that icon goes green indicating the LKA is active. I have it set to ALKA. Today though neither white or green icon was present.

I checked in the settings and it is definitely set for it to work so i set it to normal LKA and also whatever the other option was and nothing happened and i then set it back to ALKA but still nothing.

Apart from in the assistance settings, i don't think there is anything else to change or press, i never had to before.

Any thoughts appreciated

Marc
  • Hyundai i30 2017

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I don't know much about that model except that the LKA uses video, not radar, so make sure the windscreen in front of the detector is clean.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
Cheers. I thought i read somewhere it uses radar.

I'll check that but the screen is no more dirty worth a quick glance than in past times.

I didn't know if maybe a fuse could have gone?
  • Hyundai i30 2017

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
 The radar transmitter is house in front of the radiator and monitors vehicles and obstructions in front of the car to be fed into the collision avoidance and adaptive cruise control features where fitted.

There is a video camera mounted in a housing in front of the rear view mirror which feeds info into the lane keep assist feature to keep the car within the lane marking lines. In my car the camera looks through the top of the windscreen where the wipers and screenwash keep the screen clean.

With my car the LKA is not active when the line on either side of the lane is non-existent or indistinct.  Also in dull lighting.  I only witch it on when driving on main roads and motorways where the marking is very visible.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 13:32:10 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
That's the thing, as long as it's selected in the settings which it is, even when it's not active such as those conditions, the icon is still present, just not highlighted. At the moment it isn't present at all.

Just in case, i checked and that area of the screen is clean.

Any other help appreciated
  • Hyundai i30 2017

Offline marc.knuckle

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands
SORTED. I googled some more and found it DOES have a physical switch as well as the software one. I either didn't ever know or I've forgotten somehow.

It's to the right of the steering column on my right hand drive.

So as well as having to have it selected in the options, you also have to physically switch it on. So for some reason the rental guys at the airport have turned it off.
  • Hyundai i30 2017

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Thanks for reporting back. Glad you got it sorted.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal