i30 Owners Club

i30 Gearbox Issue

Offline jockbyrne

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
Hi all, and thank you for accepting me into the group. As I'm new i'll apologise in advance if this topic has been covered 1000 times before, but I would like some input from other users before spending a lot of money on unnecessary repairs!

Basically it's the same problem we've all seen reported numerous times before, notchy gear changes and grinding going into particular gears. In my case it's 4th gear, and I was told the syncro would need replacing.

I'm just wondering if it would be worth trying to replace the gearbox oil and trying to make adjustments to linkages before pulling the trigger on a syncro replacement? I thought I read somewhere that this worked for someone before.

The clutch was replaced 10 months ago so I don't expect its that.

Any feedback on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

David

2014 i30 1.4 CRDI 6 Speed

• 2014 i30 van 1.4 CRDI

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I don't know anything at all, however that has never stopped me from having strong opinions.  So, I would defo give the gearbox oil change a go, I mean, it won't do any harm and may do some good.  I am sure that someone, or even several, members will be along shortly to share their experiences.   Good luck with solving it.  :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline fbvisitor

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Latrobe, Tas
G'day Jock,

What did you end up doing here?  Change out the oil or persevere with it?

I know you didn't get much help here, but every little bit info may help others.

Cheers

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal