i30 Owners Club

i30 2008 - Rough drive start

Guest · 1 · 3095

wildviktor
Hyundai i30 1.6 (PETROL), 122 HP - 2008

Ok so until now I never really noticed this since I have mainly been driving the i30, but at home we also have an Astra (1.6 Petrol - 2010), Mazda 3 (1.6 Petrol - 2013) and Corsa (1.0? Petrol - 2015). All of these cars have weaker engines compared to my i30 I think both Astra and Mazda are 105 HP and Corsa is 75 HP while my i30 is 122-126 HP.  In addition Astra, Mazda and Corsa are very badly maintained service vise compared to my i30. I do my service on 15k intervals since I do pretty relaxed/easy routes and always take care of how I'm driving the car I don't cheap out on the Oil or filters and do these services at the official Hyundai service centers.

Anyhow: I did not have my i30 for few days so I was driving whichever of the 3 cars was available and I noticed right away that driving off is super smooth (even on my friends 2004 Corsa and 2001 Polo) you release the clutch and add little amount of gas and you are off regardless of warm or cold start. No complaining from the engine you put it in first gear, release the clutch add little gas and you are off. 

However with my i30 starting off either cold or warm start feels like I'm riding a cart being pulled by a donkey. If I don't add enough gas the engine will die or complain imagine putting the car in 2nd or 3rd gear and trying to drive off. I have to add a decent amount of gas regardless warm or cold engine.

Or to put it as another person said:

I'm new to the forum. I'd like to know if anyone's experienced the same problem I have. My 1.6 petrol i30 Comfort runs perfectly and idles ok. But when I pull away (e.g. from traffic lights), as I start to engage the clutch, the revs drop and there seems some play on the throttle before the engine picks up.

2-3 months ago I had engine serviced and they replaced the timing chain, micro belts, tensioner, srings, oil and filters + bunch of related items.
5 months ago I had the clutch, pushing plate, flywheel etc. replaced.

I'm really not skipping on servicing this thing but now it's slowly becoming a endless money pit : /

I'm thinking maybe spark plugs need to be replaced. (This is happening in warm and cold weather btw) but I decided to ask here first.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 23:18:25 by wildviktor »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal