i30 Owners Club

2009 i30 SX 2L Auto - bumpy ride

Offline SergeyAU

• 2nd Gear
Was driving home yesterday, after picking up the car from a dealer. 4pm - freeway was pretty packed.
From 100kmh to a full stop. At around 40kmh (did not really look) after dropping from 90kmh noticed that the car behaved strangely. It was like driving on a bumpy road - but the road on freeway was pretty flat (looked).
Is it something that other auto owners notice? Or should I get it checked out?

Another question of the owners of auto i30s... When you accelerate, do you feel the kick when the car is changing to a second gear? It feels like driving with someone that just learned to drive a manual car - you actually swing forward. Or is it normal for that car and I just have to get used to letting go off the accelerator sooner?

Thanks

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
SergeyAU:

I have a 1.6L auto.  I haven't experienced either your acceleration or deceleration problems.

I would try to repeat your "bumpy" issue on a different road.  If it happens again I would have the dealer look at it.

I can barely feel the tranny shifting up when accelerating normally from a stop.  Are you a lead foot?
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline SergeyAU

• 2nd Gear
I am smooth as on acceleration. It moves fine from stop, but when changing into 2nd, there is a bit of a kick to it

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal