i30 Owners Club

N Line exhaust sound

Offline gabrielezamboni

• 2nd Gear

• VIC
hey guys got 10k km on my new N-Line and I think is time to upgrade the sound of my stock exhaust
i woud like something not to aggressive and safe without any engine lights on ecc

i was thinking in the cherry tuning rear muffler delete with keeping the resonator and also a intercooler resonator delete

what you guys thinking?
thanks
  • 2020 hyundai I30 N Line manual polar white

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
I can't personally comment on the rear muffler delete but from what I've read from some peoples experiences it causes significant drone at certain constant speeds which might not be appealing to some.

I've gone down the route of deleting the second cat and resonator from the midpipe and that has given mu N Line a pretty decent sound without any drone or being too loud. I had this done at an exhaust shop because it was before Cherry had the option of the race pipe which I think is about $175.00

This mod won't throw any codes because all the sensors are before this section of the exhaust. I've done over 10k since the delete with no issues.

If you listen to this video from 0:35-0:45 this is exactly what my N Line sounds like  :link: YouTube

Hope this helps

• 2018 i30 N-Line Premium 1.6T Polar White

Offline ZenAndZen

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wollongong, New South Wales
Just this week I had a resonator delete performed on my N Line & it is still quiet but has a little more presence.
The local muffler shop did it for me in a little under an hour for $80 cash.

• 2019 (Oct Build), PD N Line, 5 Door Hatch, 1.6T GDI, 6-Speed Man, Intense Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
i swapped the standard air filter in my SR (equivalent to N-line) with a K&N filter and i feel that improved the note a bit  gave a bit of an induction noise under load.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline gabrielezamboni

• 2nd Gear

• VIC
could you please post a video about your car with resonator delete please
cheers
  • 2020 hyundai I30 N Line manual polar white

Offline ZenAndZen

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wollongong, New South Wales
K&N 33-5050 Filter installed @ 1200km [currently 2,800 km]

The resonator delete sounds exactly like this :link: Hyundai i30 SR Turbo exhaust upgrade - YouTube
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 13:41:01 by ZenAndZen »
  • 2019 (Oct Build), PD N Line, 5 Door Hatch, 1.6T GDI, 6-Speed Man, Intense Blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal