i30 Owners Club

Rain-X Offer

wbm00 · 5 · 2012

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
Rain-X Repellent (200ml) is only £2.50 in ASDA. This is a good price if you can find it in stock.

Sadly, I only discovered this offer after buying two for £7 in Halfords :blubber:

Apologies to Daz and the other upsidedowners, but this offer is only available in the UK. :D
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
To put on sale they must have either over stocked or know the uk is going to have a drought!
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I paid that £5 six months ago.

Had to remove it as my camera couldn't see through it - looked foggy on playback.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
It is a strange one as I've never seen the price dip below £5 before. Don't mention a drought - there'll be hose pipe ban imposed before you know it :lol:

Thanks for the feedback Shambles, I've got a dashcam too so will avoid applying to the windscreen. I'd also heard it's more difficult (if not impossible) to repair a chipped windscreen that has had Rain-X applied. The plan is to apply this to the side windows (and possibly the rear windscreen).

I've previously used Rain-X on glass shower doors and the results were brilliant - easily lasted a couple of months before I needed to re-apply. Much easier to clean too.
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I discovered RainX when I lived in the USA in 1994. I have used it constantly on each of my cars ever since. I only need to use the wipers below a speed of about 35 mph in light drizzle. In heavy rain I hardly ever use the wipers whatever the speed.

I have tried other (and cheaper) screen treatment products - but none are as effective. I once fell victim to having a new Audi treated with the Audi 12 month screen treatment which lasted about 6 weeks before I reverted to my favourite - RainX.

I have a car camera front and back and have no problems with them peeping through the Rainx coated screens.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal