About time and should be applied world wide

eye30 · 7 · 1684

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Honolulu has become the first major US city to ban pedestrians from looking at mobile phones, texting or using digital devices while crossing the road.

First offenders caught gazing at devices, including laptops and digital cameras, face $15-$35 (£11-£26) fines.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40765087
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :sweating:

Jeepers, I'm not going there!  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Im all for it, think of the revenue,  might ease up on us poor cyclists and drivers.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yep, I'm all for more taxing of the stupid. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Should also apply to the idiots tracking  Pokémon  things on their phones.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
This is all well and good, but, how will it be enforced.

As you know Lester over here on this sceptred isle we have had a multitude of new laws introduced.  Notably the centre lane hogging law which was recently enacted, have you noticed that Alan has desisted in this selfish activity? no neither have I.   Mobile phone whilst driving law, have you noticed the decrease? no neither have I.

The Headmistress has massively reduced our police FORCE (not a service) to the point where you are being asked to investigate the crimes committed agains't you.

Of course non of this affects the headmistress as she is chauffeured around in a prime ministerial limo and after she is oiked out of office by her colleagues she will remain on a PM's pension + plus her MP's wages plus police protection for life plus the book endorsement fee and all the TV appearance money.  No bloody wonder she won't fall on her sword, like wot she should.  Anyhow, back to the point, please keep us informed of all the forthcoming prosecutions.

Oh my God I feel better now I have got that off me chest  :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

Offline andsome

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Burntwood, Staffordshire, UK
Honolulu has become the first major US city to ban pedestrians from looking at mobile phones, texting or using digital devices while crossing the road.

First offenders caught gazing at devices, including laptops and digital cameras, face $15-$35 (£11-£26) fines.

:link: Honolulu bans texting while crossing streets in bid to curb injuries - BBC News

GREAT!!
  • Not driving at present on medical grounds

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal