i30 Owners Club

Cartronics TL-01 DM-01 AD-01 FS-02 GD-03 GD-04 v2.05.10 Firmware (Dec 11, 2018)

bagerlk · 106 · 60321

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
Sorry mate this update is specific to Australia
Model 2016 onwards

s
As yours is a different head unit I don’t have the answer you seek…….

As a long shot perhaps try disconnecting the battery cable and reconnecting….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • i30 2016 Active X, 5 Door Hatch 1.8 petrol Auto

Offline RyJuFly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Cartronics have just released new firmware for the TL-01, DM-01, AD-01, FS-02, GD-03 and GD-04 head units dated December 11, 2018 containing Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Bluetooth enhancements and bug fixes. The version numbers of the new firmware are:

SW Ver: 2.05.10
Micom: 3.28.00
Platform: 1.76.00

Notable fixes include:

LCD Display - Blank (black), green or noisy image may be displayed on the LCD screen when the vehicle is started and the transmission shifted to Drive
Reverse Camera - Blank (black), green or noisy image may be displayed on the LCD screen after the transmission is shifted to reverse
Reverse Camera - Reverse camera image may continue to be displayed on the LCD after transmission is shifted from reverse to another gear.
Bluetooth - In some cases a call may not be ended when selecting the red ‘hang‐up’ button on the audio unit LCD
Bluetooth - Bluetooth disconnection and re-connection occurs at the commencement of a phone call
Clock - Clock and date occasionally loses memory
Apple CarPlay - Clicking/popping noise when playing audio through Apple CarPlay
Apple CarPlay / Android Auto - Poor radio reception due to missing antenna amplifier power supply after CarPlay or Android Auto navigation instruction or phone message chime

[hide]Full Release Notes - here
Firmware Download Instructions - here (downloads a document with instructions/link to firmware located on Cartronics Dropbox page)[/hi

Edited for current Firmware link

Firmware download link http://mega.nz/file/4VNS1CBC#TDtyBj-i0walRinImFxvqR2U9YLgyPwrU5hdx96FhMM

Thank you so much for sharing this source; I found this and tried it. It worked well and saved me of purchasing infotainment and steering control unit as advised by Hyundai Service team! I fought with them for two months that the problem is the software but they insisted that it is hardware issue and I should replace. It is fixed now and my family and I can enjoy using the system safely. Thanks again.
Just a quick one that my car is Hyundai Tucson ActiveX 2016 with Cartronics TL-01 Infotainment
I have just bought a 2016 Tuscon 30, whihc has the ActiveX TL-01 system - Are you also in australia? Just wanting to make sure someone else has successfully updated in Aus before I wreck the system or something as the dealers told me only licenced dealers can do the update, but it seems that usually they can download it not the public (before this thread)
I know its 2 years on but hope you see this and reply!
  • 2016 Tuscon 30 Edition

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
Hey buddy, can confirm it worked on my 2016 i30 active X

Canberra

Offline RyJuFly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Thanks mate! It's my Wifes new car and as much as we spent all the money to get a bigger nicer car, seems Carplay is the most important part of vehicle! I reckon shed use a Flintstones car if it had CarPlay haha! I am only trying to update as all my local dealers are saying its a $160+ diagnostic to see why all audio works except CarPlay phone calls, and then a full head unit replacement for a couple thousand if they cant fix it. None mentioned just bring it in for an update of course.
  • 2016 Tuscon 30 Edition

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
Thanks mate! It's my Wifes new car and as much as we spent all the money to get a bigger nicer car, seems Carplay is the most important part of vehicle! I reckon shed use a Flintstones car if it had CarPlay haha! I am only trying to update as all my local dealers are saying its a $160+ diagnostic to see why all audio works except CarPlay phone calls, and then a full head unit replacement for a couple thousand if they cant fix it. None mentioned just bring it in for an update of course.
Haha
I totally get it! To think we used to have to wind our windows down by hand!
There’s a reason they call
Dealerships dealerships….

From memory I had to to the install twice, but pretty straightforward.

Offline RyJuFly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
When it says ignition must be on, it means just ignition not turn the motor over right?
  • 2016 Tuscon 30 Edition

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
When it says ignition must be on, it means just ignition not turn the motor over right?
Correct just Accessories on, don’t turn the motor over. I’m pretty confident from
Memory you can’t stuff it up.
5 minute job if you’re not hungover

Offline RyJuFly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
No luck so far, did the update, only had to do it once and the software and other numbers matched the guide, no dice. Other audio works but wife's iphone won't make any sound during calls, and actually after the update the call had audio only during my message bank somehow but my phone didn't even ring. Tempted to try the install again and see if that makes a difference.
Anyone else had this CarPlay issue? All audio works EXCEPT during calls?
  • 2016 Tuscon 30 Edition

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Definitely need to repeat it - for some reason it doesn't all 'take' the first time around. You'll lose nothing, apart from time ;)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
Definitely need to repeat it - for some reason it doesn't all 'take' the first time around. You'll lose nothing, apart from time ;)
Cheers Shambles!

I do recall I had to do it a couple of times… memories fade….. CarPlay for the win

Offline RyJuFly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia

I will try again today, I only did it once as the software and other numbers matched and the cartronics guide said to run it twice if they didn't, so I thought I was all clear. I will post back later today! Glad the thread is still alive.
  • 2016 Tuscon 30 Edition

Offline RyJuFly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
2 updates now, still no dice. Audio for ringtone comes through speaker when I call the wife's phone but as soon as call connects no audio. Switch to speaker works, speaker off doesn't work. Going to try a different lightning cable incase it's just a audio circuit or something but the same cable worked in her car we just sold. Running out of ideas
  • 2016 Tuscon 30 Edition

Offline RyJuFly

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Anyone had any luck on fixing the carplay issue and the update working properly? I heard from a dealer there might be a new update in Feb, anyone else got info?
  • 2016 Tuscon 30 Edition

Offline fotski

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Anyone had any luck on fixing the carplay issue and the update working properly? I heard from a dealer there might be a new update in Feb, anyone else got info?
I've got the same problem on my 2016 Tucson runing the same software version. I suspect issues has started since the IOS 17 release. Prior to this  had no issues.

Power cycling the phone and reconnecting to the head unit fixes it for a while but it creeps back in.

Just to confirm my issue is that sound from call in or out will not come out of head unit, you need to switch to phone speaker to hear anything.

• Tuncson

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
What country are you in?

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
I've got the same problem on my 2016 Tucson runing the same software version. I suspect issues has started since the IOS 17 release. Prior to this  had no issues.

Power cycling the phone and reconnecting to the head unit fixes it for a while but it creeps back in.

Just to confirm my issue is that sound from call in or out will not come out of head unit, you need to switch to phone speaker to hear anything.

This update was Australia specific….

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal