Author Topic: Chinese driver gets ticket for scratching his face  (Read 1252 times)

• HOS BOSS
  • england England
    Wirral
  • Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
A man in eastern China received a fine after a traffic camera using artificial intelligence captured him scratching his face, it's reported.

According to the Jilu Evening Post, the male motorist was driving on Monday in Jinan, eastern Shandong province, and had raised his hand to scratch his face while passing a traffic camera.

The next thing he knew, he'd received a notification instructing him that he had violated the laws of the road for "driving while holding a phone". A surveillance picture of his "offence" was attached

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-48401901

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong

• Laughter is the best medicine...
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
Re: Chinese driver gets ticket for scratching his face
« Reply #1 : May 24, 2019, 15:57:03 »
Gee, you can see how he got the fine, hopefully he will be able to get it reversed.  :cool:
  • '20 Tucson Diesel Elite & '19 Kona Active 1.6 ( had 4 x i30's incl SR and CRDi)

• england England
    Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
« Reply #2 : May 24, 2019, 16:22:35 »
^ their council cancelled it
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

• au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
« Reply #3 : May 24, 2019, 16:26:43 »
Cheers Steve, good result.  :drinks:
  • '20 Tucson Diesel Elite & '19 Kona Active 1.6 ( had 4 x i30's incl SR and CRDi)

• Trans Slender
  • england England
    Manchester City centre
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 : May 24, 2019, 16:54:30 »

BUT, I don't think that a bullet through the back of the head counts as cancelled, Steve  :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: 

• au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
« Reply #5 : May 24, 2019, 16:55:14 »

BUT, I don't think that a bullet through the back of the head counts as cancelled, Steve  :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

:lol: :goodjob:

• england England
    Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
« Reply #6 : May 24, 2019, 16:56:26 »
:rofl:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

• au Australia
    Deep south coast, New South Wales
« Reply #7 : May 24, 2019, 17:23:31 »
Gee, you can see how he got the fine, hopefully he will be able to get it reversed.  :cool:

everything is made in China these day's, we will have those same camera's here soon I'd say. but it's not just phones, I see people with coffee cup in hand driving, meat pie's in hand, just to name a few.

• au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
« Reply #8 : May 24, 2019, 17:51:02 »

everything is made in China these day's, we will have those same camera's here soon I'd say. but it's not just phones, I see people with coffee cup in hand driving, meat pie's in hand, just to name a few.

I sometimes drink coffee when I'm driving... Now a pie in one hand and a coffee in the other, that would be a problem!  :crazy1:

• Tyre Guru
  • au Australia
    Caloundra, Queensland.
« Reply #9 : May 25, 2019, 00:47:38 »

I sometimes drink coffee when I'm driving... Now a pie in one hand and a coffee in the other, that would be a problem!  :crazy1:
Why?
You've got intelligent cc and LKA. What more do you need.  :crazy1: :goodjob: :goodjob2:
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

• au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
« Reply #10 : May 25, 2019, 01:39:24 »

Why?
You've got intelligent cc and LKA. What more do you need.  :crazy1: :goodjob: :goodjob2:

True! I forgot about that.. I'll have it in my next car too..  :happydance:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal