i30 Owners Club

Front passenger door won't unlock

Offline sharpypaul

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Southampton
Hi, I have searched this forum and have a feeling I have the dreaded door actuator issue on my 2009 i30. I can see some people had the same problem and managed to get the door to unlock so that they could replace the actuator, does anyone know how? I've tried the window down three quarters of the way and trying to rapidly unlock it but without success. Annoyingly it only used to do it in the cold occasionally so Hyundai didn't want to know as by the time I got to them it was working again.

It is due for an MOT this month and I suspect this will be a failure as they can't get in!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  • i30 SE

Offline sharpypaul

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Southampton
I found this topic :link: Rear passenger door stuck in central locking where someone seemed to open the door following this advice "Follow the advice @ #9 here. This is from a Hyundai Technician." "Thanks all, seems the advice no9 did the trick. The mechanic didn't do anything else apart from exactly what was on 9. I was not to sure how much assistance I should give  without doing damage. Thank you all."

Although Hyundai technician #9 could be a person on here.

I can't find any suggestions on the topic though especially a number 9 as recommended by @Phil №❶ or @pokemon123 both who seem to be inactive now for a number of years.

@cruiserfied are you able to help?

Thanks
  • i30 SE

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal