i30 Owners Club

Replacing the side mirror indicator on a i30 2011

Offline davmax

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth Western Australia
First a replacement flasher module can be found at eBay.com, sourced from Korea. Replacement is simple and quick. First push in the top of the mirror so a flat blade screw driver can be push up and into the mirror along a slot provided at the back of the mirror, this will release the mirror. Disconnect the two heater wires and put the mirror to one side. One screw is holding the indicator module in place, the screw nearest the out edge of the mirror shell.  Remove the screw and then slide the module outward. The electrical connector must now be pulled out and the module is released. To install the new module. First plug in the electrical connect and the slide the module inward making sure the connecting wires  retract into the hole and space available. The module should now be retained on the inner side and the outside can be popped into place.  Re-insert the retaining screw, then install the mirror by connecting the heater wires  and clicking the top of the mirror and then the bottom into position. FINISHED. Re-adjust mirror position with the mirror control on the drivers door panel.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 09:54:13 by davmax »
  • 2011 FD i30 wagon, Auto, White, 1.6L CRDI diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal