i30 Owners Club

Both low headlights blown at same time - confirmation bulbs look ok

Offline Pixelated

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Dublin
Hi,

I've searched through the forum but can't find anything similar to what I need to ask, but apologies if I've missed it.

Both my front low headlights blew at the same time. In troubleshooting I've checked the module 3 fuse in the inside fuse box and it looks fine. I then checked the bulbs and they also looked fine with the exception of a slight charing at the bottom of the bulbs

Can someone give me their opinion if that's normal or not? And also if there is anything else obvious I should check I also checked the multi fuse b1 and b3 and they looked ok.

Many thanks
  • 2013 CRDi A style 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Silver

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
If the main beams work ok, you could try swapping the bulbs over with the low beams, that would at least check if the bulbs themselves are intact. I have a 2015 car and looking through the handbook, and in the actual fuse boxes, I can't figure out which is the correct fuse for the headlights. There may also be a relay somewhere that turns them on. If you have a multi-meter then you can check if the fuse has blown, but there are some spare fuses in the fuse box in the engine compartment if you suspect a fuse has blown.

If a bulb blows it could take the fuse with it, and if the same fuse feeds both lights, it will stop the healthy bulb working as well.
  • i30 CRD

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
not sure which model but if its a FD CRDi they were quite good at doing this. check with the dealer if the TSB for blowing headlights has been carried out.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal