i30 Owners Club

Something possibly wrong with head unit

Offline TTTtino

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottinghamshire
Got an i30 Se Nav Blue Drive Crdi 1.6L Auto (2015) recently, and I noticed that the clock's auto feature sets the wrong time- 1 hour ahead. Also noticed that I can only change the hours, but not the minutes.

When trying the navigator I can't seem to enter some postcodes e.g. 6 digit postcodes, so I was thinking if the firmware is really outdated.

If it is, does anyone know how I could update it and how much it may cost or if i can do it myself? I got AA warranty when I got the car but not sure if that it covers it.

Looked in the manual but it doesn't contain anything about my kind of unit.

Unit looks like this:

In the UK if that helps
  • 2015, i30, 5 Door Hatch, 1.6L, SE Nav Blue Drive CRDi (UK)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi there TTTtino   :welly3:

I had a 2014 Style Nav Blue Drive so probably similar.

The DST was a checkbox in the date/time settings - I had to untick/tick whenever the BST became GMT. Pain in the ass but that was it.

I also recall I couldn't set 6 character postcodes - I remember having to enter 3 (or 4) then a space character then a 4th/5th or just a 5th.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline TTTtino

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottinghamshire
I've been seeing a lot of guides and other people saying that there should be a DST option, which I thought was the reason it was an hour forward.

This is my setting screen, which I haven't been able to find any manual, or people with a similar screen:

There seems to be no DST, have you seen a UI like this before?

I may have been blind when checking, but i'm not sure if there was a space character. When I entered the 7 digit postcode the space was automatically added rather than me having to press a button.

Did you know if there's any way to update the maps aswell?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

What happens when you set "time zone" to Auto?

Or even hitting the "-1h" button while on manual?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline TTTtino

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottinghamshire
Auto makes the time go forward 1 hour, and disables out the +1 and -1. I've just been setting it to manual, and pressing the -1 to fix it. Since the auto is time found using the GPS (I assume?), I thought maybe there's something wrong with the GPS. But tried the navigator and it seems to be working fine, other than the post code thing

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Im not familiar with this head unit but I'd expect it to be getting the time signal off RDS. I seem to remember issues occur when (typically small local channels) make mistakes with their signal.

Try setting it on auto and listen to say Radio 4 on DAB for a while, on the off-chance that's it.

Offline TTTtino

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottinghamshire
Thanks, I'll try it the next time I go on and let you know. Looked at the info screen and it seems like my navigator version is from 2015 January, so probably before the car was manufactured. I contacted Hyundai through web chat and they said map updates are free, so I might call Bristol Street Motors, as they're the closest approved hyundai "garage?". Going to see if they know why it might be wrong.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal