i30 Owners Club

Service Intervals

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red
    • Nessa Losing It...For Good
Do you stick to the service interval suggestion, eg kms vs date?

My last service was 60,000km or whatever date in January.  Of course not driving for almost a year due to COVID, I was nowhere near 60,000km.  I was closer to just a tad over 57K.  I ended up booking in early Feb as my car was telling me I was x days overdue.

Could I have left it to go until I did hit 60K or best to get done as suggested?  Too late now obviously, but I'm still WFH so not clocking up 400km a week.  I can't remember what the next km/date interval is.
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 PD Active Hatchback in Fiery Red

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Manufacturer has stated that it needs to be done by time or by distance. Which ever comes first. If you don't drive much, time will end up faster than distance. If you  drive a lot, distance will come up before time.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
My last 12 month service I had a grand total of 4300km - easier to think of it as  oil and filters are cheaper than a new motor. My ute got 1700km so even worse - wish rego was on a per km driven basis :crazy1:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I took my Ioniq for a 4 year/40k mile service with just over 32,500 on the clock and 3.25 years old.

The service reminder was displaying "Service required in -10 days"

Dealership said that was ok within 28 days of the expected time. This is the UK though, may be different for you ladies.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
My UK GD diesel is on a 2-year 20,000 service interval, last service was in Feb 2020 and I've done about 14,000 miles since then. I do my own interim service at 10,000 mile interval to change the oil and filter. Now the car is out of warranty I'm pondering whether to do all my own servicing from now on. When I bought the car it was 9 months old with less than 3000 miles, so it reached the 2 year limit before 20,000 miles. If you're thinking of stretching out the services I would check with the dealer what leeway they would consider reasonable without compromising the warranty.

I do all the servicing on my partner's FD diesel, the last time it went to the dealer for a service was 100,000 miles ago. It has a 12-month 20,000 service interval, but as it averages 25,000 miles/year it gets done based on mileage.

On both cars, I whip the wheels off at least once every 6 months to rotate the tyres, check the brake wear, and make sure the wheels don't get stuck on the hubs.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 09:02:08 by BrendanP »
  • i30 CRD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
My car is coming up to 9 years with only 32k miles.

It is either 20k miles or every 2 years with leaway of +/- 500 miles/1 month.

Plus if less than 10k miles in 12 months from last service it is oil and filter change.

As you can see from mileage it has never had the miles cut off service.

Since the warranty expired I have had the annual oil and filter change for years 6,7 with a full service last year, year 8 with plugs, filters, brake fluid etc.

I have taken advantage of the Hyundai essentails service scheme which includes full breakdown cover at no extra cost.

So oil and filter is £99 and full is £200.  There is an interim service as well.

So rather than pay circa £150 for breakdown cover plus buying the oil and filter to do myself, for the few quid extra this year I'll get Hyundai to do the £99 service.
It also includes health check and updates.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
When the warranty expired on my car I bought breakdown cover from Rescuemycar for £28-49, includes nationwide recovery and home assistance. I haven't had to use it yet, but my partner uses them and has called them out 3 times (2 for a flat battery, and once to recover from Manchester after some low-life smashed a side window to nick the sat-nav and dash-cam). Can't fault their service so far.
  • i30 CRD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

When the warranty expired on my car I bought breakdown cover from Rescuemycar for £28-49, includes nationwide recovery and home assistance. I haven't had to use it yet, but my partner uses them and has called them out 3 times (2 for a flat battery, and once to recover from Manchester after some low-life smashed a side window to nick the sat-nav and dash-cam). Can't fault their service so far.
Will look them up.

My next service is due in August but the hy garage I used closed so will now have some 40 plus mile round trip to next hy garage.

As only oil change due but with the low miles I normally do, even less due to covid, I may do it myself and buy breakdown cover if it is circa at that price.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
 :crazy1: :rofl: :rofl:
Sorry. Can't help myself.

40 mile round trip.  :mrgreen:
In Oz we'll happily drive that distance for a coffee.
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

:crazy1: :rofl: :rofl:
Sorry. Can't help myself.

40 mile round trip.  :mrgreen:
In Oz we'll happily drive that distance for a coffee.
I take a packed lunch for any distance over 25 each way.
Sometimes an overnight stay!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal