i30 Owners Club

Clutch pedal travel and release fault

Offline Colboy209

• 1st Gear

• England
My 2008 i30 diesel clutch pedal sometimes travels to the floor and doesnt return and unable to engage a gear. I can manually pull the pedal up and then it is ok in operation for a while then happens again. Hoping someone can advise. Thank you.    :crazy1:
  • 2007 i30 diesel

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, Colboy. Someone smarter than I should be along shortly to confirm but my initial impression is to check hydraulic fluid level and quality. Was the clutch changed recently? If so, was the hydraulic system bled properly?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Colboy209

• 1st Gear

• England
Hi The Gonz.  Thank you very much for your resopnse. Ther appears to be plenty of fluid in the reservoir and there has been no work done on the car in relation to the clutch.  I agree it is something to do with the hydraulics and will have to get it to someone to rectify.  I just wondered if it was a common fault on this model.
  • 2007 i30 diesel

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Sounds like of one the hydraulic cylinders has failed, or there is air in the system. I believe RHD cars have separate clutch fluid reservoir. You did check that reservoir and not the brake fluid one? In LHD cars they both use same reservoir.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal