A Genuine FIshy Tale

AlanHo · 6 · 1378

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
We had rainbow trout, baked maris piper potatoes and peas for dinner tonight - the trout were wonderful. I wrap them in foil and put them in the dishwasher for a hot cycle (without a washer tablet) - just water. They cook perfectly.

There is a story involved.

Shopping in Supermarket with Libby this morning. She spots some bright eyed fresh whole trout on the fish counter for £2 each. She asked for two and for the guy to gut them and remove the heads.

He said he would gut them but he could not remove the heads - it was against Company policy because the price was for a whole fish.

Libby says she understood they were priced for a whole fish - which she was happy to pay - but wanted the heads removed and still pay £2.

"Sorry madam - I'm not allowed to do it"

" OK - call for the manager then and we will get the rule changed" says Libby. The assistant goes off to phone for the manager who appears after about 5 minutes.

He backed the assistant and said it was a company rule. At this point I lost patience, intervened,  and said we would be happy if they cut the heads off and pack the heads in one bag and the bodies in another for us to take away. Hence we comply with your stupid rule and go away with the complete fish. (except guts)

So that's what they did.

You couldn't make it up could you ?
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You could have just tossed a coin to decide on the outcome...  :snigger:

I worked for several companies over the years that had stupid rules they wouldn't let you break.

Being a bit of a naughty boy, I would sometimes bend them (and mostly got away with it)  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Our letigious idiocratic Western societies leave little room for sensible variation without an expensive and time consuming KPMG project definition study.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cooked them in a dishwasher, that's a new one to me :lol:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Cooked them in a dishwasher, that's a new one to me :lol:
Seems like an excessive use of power.
But innovative.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Paying an estimated £0.18 on electricity to get perfectly cooked fish is no big deal. Not only that it helps with timing - you know exactly when the fish is ready and it is a non-supervised exactly timed process.

I picked up the idea when living in the Middle East - a lot of expats used the method to cook whole fish for dinner parties where it was placed on a salver in the middle of the table and guests helped themselves. The most populare fish - and the most expensive - was called Hamour. The fish was about 20 cm diameter and roughly 80 cm long and the dishwasher method cooked all the meat succulently and evenly throughout the fish.  The prized part was a thick rim of flesh around its eyes. There were those who ate the eyes as well - but that always made me grimace.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:17:31 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal