i30 Owners Club

SR DCT fuel economy observations

Guest · 3 · 2197

Tusk
Hi All,

As per another post, I'm up to 20,000klms on my SR DCT. Really happy with it, fuel economy is excellent. It uses about 0.5-1.0L/100klm less than my 09 Lancer 2.0 CVT that I traded.

I commute around 110klms per day total, mostly flat highway driving. For the first 13-15,000klms I was consistently getting under 5.7l/100klms economy. A few days here and there it would get down to mid-low 5's. I don't think people would believe me if I didn't have the pictures to provide it  :D This is mostly flat highway driving, 4 sets of traffic lights in the 50 minutes, a few roundabouts etc. For the past 5-7000klms I've noticed that fuel economy hasn't been as good. My driving style hasn't changed and I've always filled it with 91. Mind you it is getting a service today so I'll see if that makes any difference.

Could this be something as simple as the fuel filter need changing? Not that I really have any idea what I'm talking about   :neutral:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that. Yes they are bloody good.  :victory:

Has it been wetter and or colder? Wet roads add to the rolling resistance of the tyres and in cold weather it can take longer for the engine to warm up. Both have a negative effect on economy.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Tusk
I put my first tank of 98 in it on Friday AND it had it's 20k service. I was getting 5.5 on the way to work this morning. No real change in weather at all either. I'll keep a close eye on it.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal