i30 Owners Club

Auto-dimming rear view mirror

Offline Tommy369

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi, I have a PD SR. Just wondering whether it is possible to retro-fit the auto dimming rear view mirror from the SR Premium?
  • PD i30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Tommy,

There is another way around that issue.. since I've been getting my windows tinted darkest legal tint, I find I never really need to "dim" my rear view mirror.

I'm assuming the auto dimming mirror would require some external power whereas the standard mirror would not, but if no spare wire available in the standard SR in that area, you could easily splice into one of the map light power wires I guess. Getting an auto dimming mirror from a wreckers would be a big saving over retail I imagine and assume rear view mirrors from many of the other higher range Hyundai models like Elantra SR and Sonata etc.. may be nearly identical and therefore interchangeable.

However, I still reckon a dark tinted rear window does much the same job permanently.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asdetail

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      gold coast

However, I still reckon a dark tinted rear window does much the same job permanently.  :cool:

Or locking said item out of your awareness altogether, a very common practice in Queensland, particularly here on the gold coast. :disapp:

• 2019 i30 n-line dct

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Or locking said item out of your awareness altogether, a very common practice in Queensland, particularly here on the gold coast. :disapp:

Definitely an interesting alternative  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal