i30 Owners Club

N-Line PD.4 Headlight Protectors and Driving Lights?

Offline Ratmick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Macedon Ranges, VIC
Hi all,

Being a grandfather most (if not all) my early 'mods' are going to be practical and boring...like headlight protectors and driving lights.

I live in a rural area and gravel roads are sometimes a necessity.

..and we are plagued by kangaroos and given it's summer and dry they come down out of the hills after dark looking for a drink in stock troughs and dams (and we have a dam next door).

I spotted a set on a Hyundai Dealer site here in Australia but when I quizzed the Dealer I am buying my car off he said they wouldn't fit my car.

Given I don't know a great deal about Hyundais (I am a Ford tragic) does anyone know if these will fit, and if they don't, what will?

...on my Ford Fiesta ST I had a set of small Dually LED Spotlights mounted behind the grille:

...the grille doesn't make any difference to light pattern or shading and looks pretty stealth in my opinion  :goodjob2:

Has anyone mounted driving lights/light bars anywhere on or in the front of their PD.4 and if so are there pics anywhere in here?
  • 2021 PD.4 5 Door N-Line Hatch, Petrol 1.6l Turbo, 6sp Manual, Fluidic Metal

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'm guessing the PD 4 N-Line bumper change is why they're saying it wont fit, who knows :Dunno:

Another member galixia recently added a light bar :link: Lightbar / spot lights behind front grill

Offline Ratmick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Macedon Ranges, VIC
Thanks Craig :goodjob2:

I had a quick look behind the grille of an N-Line at the Dealership yesterday and couldn't see the structure in question so I am guessing it may have been deleted or removed on the PD.4.

...although this would have been ideal.

With the ST the grille just pulls out without disassembling the front of the car, which made using a couple of handy holes in the crash bar quite easy. Not sure whether this is possible with the N-Line and pulling the front right off on Day 1 probably not worth it if I have to start drilling into a new car.

Having said that the number plate mount looked pretty sturdy so maybe that is an option with one of these: :link: Number Plate Light Mounting Bracket for Driving Lights

• 2021 PD.4 5 Door N-Line Hatch, Petrol 1.6l Turbo, 6sp Manual, Fluidic Metal

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal