i30 Owners Club

Noise at 2000 rpm with video

Offline blavcteam

• 1st Gear
http://youtube.com/shorts/Gj2YR4sRsCo?feature=share

Hi guys, i got some ticking or knocking noise with my 1.6crdi engine. In this video it appear at no in gear, but usually it appear on 1 or 2nd gear. It always occur at still rpm, when accelerating it will not occur, someone please help
  • 1.6Crdi

Offline CDNi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia
I have the exact same noise and gets worse when I let off the throttle. I tried lifter noise additive and no luck. Mechanic had injectors checked and cleaned but still the same noise. I will be watching this thread.
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 cw

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
From what I can hear it sounds normal for a diesel to me.

Offline blavcteam

• 1st Gear
From what I can hear it sounds normal for a diesel to me.

Hi that is not normal because when i drive for over 1 hour this tick tick sound is gone. I try to change fuel but not help. Sometimes sound gone for one day but then it will come back. My car had this sound for 6 months, sometimes that sound be louder and sometimes quieter. Only appear 1750-2250rpm when stady pushing the gas pedal, when rpm increase or decrease (accelerating or slowing) there is no noise. But pushing gas pedal with still 1750-2250 rpm that knocking sound appear
  • 1.6Crdi

Offline blavcteam

• 1st Gear
 :victory:
I have the exact same noise and gets worse when I let off the throttle. I tried lifter noise additive and no luck. Mechanic had injectors checked and cleaned but still the same noise. I will be watching this thread.

Hi I trying to find out but no result yet. I clean injector and coded it,  2 injectors not replaced by some location, coded again and now observe sound for 2 weeks
  • 1.6Crdi

Offline CDNi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney Australia
The problem I have with mine is exactly the same. It is very frustrating. I hope you find out the cause. Mine is also a ticking and rattling sound that is exactly around those rpms and sometimes a very fast and loud ticking/clacking when driving up a hill.
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 cw

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal