i30 Owners Club

GD update

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Acquired at the end of 2012 as I recall our diesel GD now has almost 60k km on it. In that time its been involved in a nose to tail collision which was properly repaired. It's lived outdoors and is largely unloved but the interior is still in great shape. The paint could use some love at some point however. It's had one battery replaced and Pirelli tires installed which it seems to like very much. It's been thoroughly reliable and runs well.

I've long ago ditched the dealer we bought it from for servicing and found another much better one closer to home for the win. Servicing costs continue to be affordable and now the work is done right the first time as well.

Its had both front window regulators replaced, one under warranty and the other just outside of warranty (literally days) which I paid for myself. It wasn't something Hyundai were going to entertain fixing as a goodwill thing, we have all moved on since then. The drivers sunvisor has come apart as well and Hyundai wanted $560 for a new one, sorted with a secondhand part off ebay - $50 with delivery to my door next day.

In the past few months a towbar has been fitted and I learned you can only buy a ball and tongue towbar for this car, not one with a square receiver which was a nuisance. The car easily swallows all our stuff, bikes on the roof and on a rear carrier and just goes about its business safely, quietly and not using much fuel all the while.

I really can't see a reason to change.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Great update! Glad it's continuing to behave and serve well :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Concur with the towbar being annoying. I wanted 2 tongues as I have 2 trailers with different setups and a quick changeover would be mint. Alas this is a pain.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
It was indeed a nuisance. I watched the towbar install though and there’s insufficient space in the back there for a square hitch. 
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal