i30 Owners Club

Issues starting

Jp8489 · 3 · 3409

Offline Jp8489

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
I have a Hyundai I30 diesel I am having issues with it starting- it cranks and the engine turns over revs go up and then suddenly cuts out. Sometimes it’s starts with no issues but throughout the day it gets worse and worse and takes longer to start. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 00:24:00 by Jp8489 »
  • Hyundai i30 2010 diesel

Offline Bob.W

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour
Whats your servicing history like? i.e are you up to date on it?

Have you checked the easy stuff? e.g know your battery is fine? check voltage at resting and then also when running to establish the alternator is fine. Checked oil levels etc - so all that is eliminated.

You definitely refueled with the correct fuel last time you filled up? Misfueling is easy enough to do

When was the last time you had the fuel filter changed?

When it runs is it running normally or is there vibration, rattle or roughness?   I suspect it's an easy fix
  • 2017 PD 5 door hatch, diesel 1.6lt, auto

Offline TP

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
I'm not sure if we're having the same issue. (I have videos I took but I can't seem to post it). I was told I had to get fuel filter changed (did that)...then still same prob. Told "maybe" the glow plugs (bought all 4 new & had them installed). Had code dignostics done on the car; it came up that the left right turn signal had a fault. I had the battery life checked (no problem there). So fixed issue with the turn signals, the code cleared. Last week driving heading onto the highway- my I30 just turned itself off. Completely shutdown. Couldn't turn on hazard lights,nothing. Trying to start I30-turning key- car kept turning over and not able to start- just cranking. Had to get car towed- mechanic ran diagnostics on I30- stated there's a fault in the crank shaft sensor. I have had my I30 serviced regularly, never put the wrong fuel into her. She is very well loved & looked after.
  • 2012 Hyundai I30-GD: 1.6L Diesel hatchback. 5 doors. Silver.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal