i30 Owners Club

Problems with a heating system

Offline Urajmal

• 1st Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia, Velenje
Hi there!

re: :link: Heater Matrix blocked and leaking

Thank you for sharing your very informative story. I have a similar problem, so I would love to get authors of this topic a replay :) If that is possible.

I am driving 2010 I30, CRDi 1.6 90HP (low power), and have had a continuous problems with a heating system.

So it started with a overused brushes on the water pump. The water pump does not actualy have any of the brushes left. There was also sometime a foam from water cooling system. The second thing that happen we change the thermostat, because we have a problem with warming the passangers side. (I saw the topics and will check the out too). The third problem was that internal heater leaked. We chacnged it twice and I am currently having the third one prepared, because it leaked again. In the meantime we also changed the front water cooling block and water pump. After that the problems continue and currently I am driving (because it is enough warm) without internal heater.

I and my fatehr are very very sad because we are unable to find a problem. We already invested 2000€ but problems continue. We have also had checked the expension cap and it went up to 0.9 bars but it was tested on idle runing only.

Now I am having a bypass and don't use internal heater, my mechanic and I noticed already a leaking again on the front water cooler. And the problem repeats itself. This is a problem of last 5 years at least. The car is not burning any white smoke, and so we excluded the option of engine head sealing. But it seems that there should be some minor problem after all in the engine.

Next step is (because I will be driving a car for some time), I am going to check if the CO2 is leaking into cooling system with a special kit, as a second thing I will try to use Liqui Molly water cooling system seal liquid.

The car has nov 326.000 Km driven already.

If anyone is here to have some idea, what it might be. I will be very glad!

Thank you very much!

Tade
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 18:43:59 by Urajmal »
  • I30, CRDi 1.6 90HP, 2010

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi, please don't take offense:
Front water cooling block = Radiator ?
 water pump brushes = water pump fins ?
Foam sometimes coming from water system - coming from where ?, the overflow/ expansion tank ?
2 internal heater cores have leaked, now disconnected.
Front Radiator leaking again.

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Urajmal

• 1st Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia, Velenje
Of course not a problem!

Front water cooling block is a water cooler in the engine compartment.

Water pump fins is correct!

Foam sometimes did the overflow when I opened the cooling system, but this problem was eliminated upon replacing a water pump.

I changed internal heater (cabin heating) twice - we installed completely new and it leaks after a while.

Now I have a bypass - no installed cabin heater and the front (radiator), water cooler in the engine department up front, is leaking again.

A little gramary :)

Offline Urajmal

• 1st Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia, Velenje
Also anozher question. What color of antifreeze is my car using??

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal