i30 Owners Club

Clock time/ Ambient temp reading.

Offline goanna_38

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Qld
Hi all,
        I just (today) bought a 2011 i30 SLX diesel manual. While mucking around with it, learning how it all works, I've discovered two things wrong with it. Firstly the ambient air temp reading on the radio display seems to be stuck at 30 degrees Celsius. A quick search here indicates that it is almost certainly the sensor in front of the radiator. Ok I can sort that. The more vexing issue is the time. I set the time as per the book, it accepts the time and displays the new time on the screen. 10 minutes later it's still displaying the time that I set it at. I turned the car off and on again (yes, I'm an IT crowd fan) and it still displays the time it was originally set at. No amount of resetting it makes the time progress, it just stays at whatever  time you last set it at. Is this a common issue, or have I bought the one i30 car wants to be Peter Pan?
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Red

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Does it give you the option for auto time update or something similar?

If so, try that and see what happens,
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline goanna_38

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Qld
Ok, an update. The ambient temp reading does change, it just seems to be not very accurate and reacts very slowly. The fact that it read 30 degrees yesterday for about 3 hours fooled me into thinking it was stuck. Checked it this morning and it's reading 24 degrees. Is this accurate? I have no idea what the ambient temperature actually is, but the weather app  on my phone tells me it's currently 21 where I live, so I suppose 3 degrees out isn't too bad. The clock, however, still isn't changing at all. Whatever you set it at is the time it displays no matter how much time actually passes.
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Red

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The clock function requires an oscillator circuit to generate a clock frequency. It sounds like that oscillator isn't working, and I'm guessing it's easier to just replace the whole unit.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal