i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 GD clutch replacement

Divv · 4 · 4818

Offline Divv

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SA
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace a Hyundai i30 GD 2012 clutch?

Mine isn't exactly going but I am looking to start budgeting for it.

I have heard from some that the diesel can be a bit on the harder side to change because of accessibility.

Does anyone have any ideas?
  • 2012 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel, 1.6T, Manual, Tropic Red, Hyundai i30

Offline PoorFellow

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      EU
I am not sure how close the mechanics of your model resembles this one , and surely will not catch me trying to put in a new clutch myself.
But this guy is absolutely flabbergasting.  Changing the clutch lying on the ground on a parking spot with the car jacked up !

2014 Kia Ceed ISG 1.6L Diesel Clutch Replacement   (As I have understood it then the Hyundai i30 and the Kia Ceed is more or less alike)
:link: 2014 Kia Ceed ISG 1.6L Diesel Clutch Replacement - YouTube
  • 2010 HYUNDAI I30 CW 1,6 CRDI U2

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I am not sure how close the mechanics of your model resembles this one , and surely will not catch me trying to put in a new clutch myself.
But this guy is absolutely flabbergasting.  Changing the clutch lying on the ground on a parking spot with the car jacked up !

2014 Kia Ceed ISG 1.6L Diesel Clutch Replacement   (As I have understood it then the Hyundai i30 and the Kia Ceed is more or less alike)
:link: 2014 Kia Ceed ISG 1.6L Diesel Clutch Replacement - YouTube
That fails to answer the OP's question of how much a clutch replacement will cost :whistler:

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace a Hyundai i30 GD 2012 clutch?

Mine isn't exactly going but I am looking to start budgeting for it.

I have heard from some that the diesel can be a bit on the harder side to change because of accessibility.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Divv, I'd be putting away at least $1000, possibly a little more with varying mechanic's costs.

Offline chrisdarl

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
I had mine done past year in the UK with an aftermarket clutch kit. Cost under 400£
  • 2013 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Silver - start stop, Blue drive

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal