i30 Owners Club

I30 PD DPF help

visual · 6 · 8482

Offline visual

• 1st Gear

• it Italy
      Treviso
Hello,
my car is having DPF problems since this January and my local mechanic has not been able to solve it yet.
At first the DPF light turned on at times, more and more frequently. Then with also the check engine light. The code being P2003.
At first they only suggested I drive it for longer routes.
Then they forced a regeneration.
Then they (supposedly) took out the DPF and sent the part to be cleaned. I say supposedly because this didn't change anything and the sooth mass I read with a bluetooth ODBII+Car Scanner was unchanged from before and after.
Now the car keep having the check engine on, and the DPF light turn on every time I do more than 15 km or so.
I've started adding additives for better DPF regenerations just in the hope of doing something.
I'm also looking to use some cleaning tool myself since I lost trust in the mechanic.

Any suggestion?

Then I need some help for the cleaning part.
I've looked up my VIN in ilcats.ru and partsouq.com and looking at the exhaust system (here on partsouq) the DPF I suppose is the block 28900.

Right?

And if I correctly identified the DPF, I suppose it is accessible from the hood, just behind the motor . And to apply a product like this DPF cleaner I suppose I just need to unplug the sensor on top.

I tried to search the forum (and internet in general) before bothering someone but I couldn't find the confirmation of my suspicions.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

• 2017 i30 PD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Dark Grey

Offline Psalcedas

• 2nd Gear

• pt Portugal
      Lisbon, Portugal
From what year is your car?
  • Hyundai I 30 1.6 CRDI Comfort + Navi 2018

Offline visual

• 1st Gear

• it Italy
      Treviso
It's from 2017

Offline Psalcedas

• 2nd Gear

• pt Portugal
      Lisbon, Portugal
Can you tell when regeneration is occuring, ?
And oil rising do you have?
  • Hyundai I 30 1.6 CRDI Comfort + Navi 2018

Offline visual

• 1st Gear

• it Italy
      Treviso
Yes I can see regenerations happenings. Usually every 200-300 kms with sooth mass at around 15-17g. The regeneration slowly drops the mass to 5-4g and then suddenly drops to 0 after a while.
Oil I haven't checked but I thinks it's ok. It has been replaced last month.

Offline Marioux

• 2nd Gear
Yes I can see regenerations happenings. Usually every 200-300 kms with sooth mass at around 15-17g. The regeneration slowly drops the mass to 5-4g and then suddenly drops to 0 after a while.
Oil I haven't checked but I thinks it's ok. It has been replaced last month.

How do you know the soot mass ?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal