i30 Owners Club

Identifying part

gazzap · 5 · 1994

Offline gazzap

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi all,
Firstly gotta say, these forums helped me decide on buying my first i30, (2017 SR Premium) so thank you for all your contributions.

So as i said, just bought the car a week ago (second hand obviously) and i'm trying to identify a part so i can fix an issue with the bumper.
If you check the images you'll see the previous owner has scraped the underside and popping a part under the bumper. It looks like i need a clip or something but if you have a look at the first pic, it wouldn't clip into the 2 clips that are already there.
Anyone got any ideas as to what part i'd need and how to clip it back in place?

Thanks in advance.

• 2017 i30 SR Premium

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'm interstate at the moment so I can't check my model at home but I wouldn't sweat trying to replicate the original fit.
Just push it back into the correct alignment, drill through both layers of plastic and fix it with nut, bolt and washers.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Take the lower inspection/wind guard off, I'd say it's popped the plug behind it and would be a simple fix.

Offline gazzap

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Thanks for the reply guys,
I ended up popping the clips off the wind/splash guard and yes, i can see where a clip and a bolt should go (oh i found out the parts are known as a "u" clip and associated bolt and are fairly universal). I've ordered the parts and see how i go fixing.
  • 2017 i30 SR Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal